Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm glad you're able to beat us to signings such as Denny Johnstone tbh. Keep up the good work.

Thanks lads.

Low blow, Ludo. No need. 

If football was scored like golf, you'd absolutely ducking annihilate us every year.  

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

A rumour going about on Saturday that the third is no longer available, this is just the panic signing to tide us over until he becomes available/another option turns up

Which we were specifically told that we were not going to waste money on such a signing.

Come on then those ITK, if the deal is dead time to tell us what we could of won and put this omnishambles of a clusterfuck to bed.

If it's Hemmings, he was never available. 6 clubs including ourselves went for him but he had absolutely zero interest in coming back to Scotland.

I've no idea who it was tbh

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've no idea who it was tbh

It's a messy signing at best only because it contradicts what Tommy said just last week about any new arrivals adding to the first team immediately. Even the most supportive can't believe that Denny Johnstone – a player who can't hold down a first team place at Colchester – will do that.

I can understand the logic of signing him purely on the basis that we're weak up front and we missed out on our main target. But then that approach flies in the face of  extending Chris Kane's contract and then loaning him out. God knows what he thinks of this.

God knows what he thinks of this.

Its barely been a week since TW said he thought Hendry and Kane were at the same level, so loaning Kane out didn't weaken the squad. It's a bizarre approach to Kane, and not one I'd particularly agree with.

I think we just have to except that this is how a club should be run now. Loaning out younger players has worked for us very well and the last signings i got excited about seem a long time ago now yet we have a few heroes from the meh signings. In tommy we trust

Not excited at all about Scougall and O'Halloran?

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The revisionism about our signings the past few seasons is incredible, apparently weve not made a decent signing for about four years.

Not sure it's incredible, though I'm not clear if we're talking about 'exciting' signings or 'good' signings. In the last four years (excluding short-term loans) I'd say only Swanson fits both descriptions comfortably.

As for the rest, Scougall was ambitious; we'll see how good he is. Shaughnessy, Foster have been unexciting but better than expected, (we'll excuse Foster this season so far, and even then, is there an argument that they're not quite as good as their predecessors?)

Alston, promising signing, but hasn't quite lived up to expectations. Craig, Paton, unexciting if workmanlike.

The obvious duds who fail both tests are Watson, Cummins, McKay, Coulson, Sutton etc.