Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Fairly confident we won’t be seeing Swanson back at saints. From what I’ve heard he’ll be given a chance to be more involved next season at hibs if both DM and JM move on as expected. It certainly seems like there’s plenty of early activity going on behind the scenes at Saints which is great.

With Steven Maclean leaving, I was trying to work out if he was our all-time top premier league/Premiership goalscorer since it's inception in the mid 1970's.  I ended up going full geek and looking at our list of players who have scored double figures in the premier league/ Premiership.  Numbers are probably out, hoping someone with the stats can help out:

Steven Maclean               47

Liam Craig                          41

Paul Wright                       39

Murray Davidson           29

Harry Curran                    28

Stevie May                        20

Roddy Grant                    19

Michael O'Halloran     17

David Wotherspoon    14

Graham Cummins         14

Fran Sandaza                   14

Nathan Lowndes             14

Chris Kane                         13

Dave Mackay                  13

Danny Swanson             13

Steven Anderson           12

Cillian Sheridan              10

Allan Moore                     ?

Steve Maskrey               ?

George O'Boyle             ?

Keigan Parker                   ?

Who else has double figures that I'm missing?

Edited by PauloPerth
To add Cummins and Kane

11 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Who else has double figures that I'm missing?

I have the numbers on the laptop so will post them up at some point in next few days if you like. It's a work in progress as I wanted to add games played to the list but I have the goal totals for every top division season we've played.

Our all-time top scorer in the top division is Henry Hall by quite a distance. He deserves more recognition for that then he gets IMO.

13 minutes ago, Radford said:

I have the numbers on the laptop so will post them up at some point in next few days if you like. It's a work in progress as I wanted to add games played to the list but I have the goal totals for every top division season we've played.

Our all-time top scorer in the top division is Henry Hall by quite a distance. He deserves more recognition for that then he gets IMO.

That would be good to see, cheers.  I was going to look at the Olde First Division days, but it was hard enough digging out info on the early 90's etc.

I wanted to add John Brogan to the list as he only played one season for us in the Premier, we were relegated and he still got 9 goals.

Out of interest, how many did Hall score in the top division?

33 minutes ago, Radford said:

Random is gonna shag you.

MacLean was 4th from memory. Hall, Connolly and I think Pearson were above him. Kane recently over took O'Boyle. Grant didn't get many in his second preimer spell - less than 10 IIRC - but may have more from his first spell.

Hall got 114 goals, Rodger 116, and Brogan 140. That's in all competitions though so you could work backwards off that. Did Hall not solely play top flight football for Saints? 

Hall got 114 goals, Rodger 116, and Brogan 140. That's in all competitions though so you could work backwards off that. Did Hall not solely play top flight football for Saints? 
Nearly all Brogan's were below top flight and I think all of Rodgers were. All hall's goals were top flight.

32 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Harry Curran will be right up there I reckon he scored around 30 

I didn't think it was as many as that, I thought high teens/ twenty ish maybe?

Looks like I was talking shite! You're right, he got 28 according to RG's article below. I honestly would have bet money he wasn't that high as I thought his best season was 9 or 10. He must have scored around that quite consistently for a few years.

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

George O'Boyle and Chris Kane are in double figures I'm sure, maybe Graham Cummins too

Somehow I managed to completely forget about Kane and Cummins. Will edit them in.

Edited by PauloPerth

That would be a totally underwhelming signing. TW probably wants an experienced striker though, which gives me the fear, would be a massive backwards step though. 

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Kenny Miller sat beside and in front of people that look like they’re wearing Saints ties at the Hamilton game tonight. 

145D1A09-1C00-44D4-99CB-1F1F60A59ED6.png

Seem to know the face of the guy sitting in front of him as well but can't put a name to him?