Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

10 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

That's the St Johnstone effect for you.

And I'm thinking, a few more Tennents effect for you :) 

Ya lucky fucker :lol: 

Edited by Trackdaybob

Just made the mistake of looking up last seasons results, based on a tweet from a Saints fans claiming we'll be nowhere near relegation even if we don't sign a striker.

If you remove Dundee, who last season were miles from a top flight standard side...

We won 3 games in 2019, drawing 3, and losing 10. Scored 9 goals, and conceded 24.

The 2-0 win over Motherwell at the end of the season saw them experimenting with their line up, as did our loss to Hamilton on the final day.

Our win ratio was 19%, while we averaged 1.7 games per goal scored, and 0.6 games per goal conceded.

If we continue that form, which lasted five months, with this weaker squad, we're on course for 7 wins all season, and 7 draws. That would give us 28pts.

We'll score 22 goals, and concede 63.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Never seen so many Dees in here, 3 points off the top of the top league in Scotland and they're calling this a crisis?

That's the St Johnstone effect for you.

Right Tam enough o that pish. Has Stevie May signed yet? I hope he does to cheer you miserable cuntos up a bit. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just made the mistake of looking up last seasons results, based on a tweet from a Saints fans claiming we'll be nowhere near relegation even if we don't sign a striker.

If you remove Dundee, who last season were miles from a top flight standard side...

We won 3 games in 2019, drawing 3, and losing 10. Scored 9 goals, and conceded 24.

The 2-0 win over Motherwell at the end of the season saw them experimenting with their line up, as did our loss to Hamilton on the final day.

Dinnae worry the Saintees will buy their way out of trouble. I’m sure you said the Saintees have millions in the bank, didn’t you?

Edited by Yenitit

It's not that simple the league is much stronger this year 

Is it? There are several teams in our half of the league that don’t on paper look any better than last year (Hamilton, St Mirren) or have lost extremely influential players (Livingston). Hearts’ form over the last six months last season was catastrophic and it’s up in the air how they’ll perform-possibly dependent on Naismith’s fitness as much as anything. Killie are under new management and could go either way. There’s every chance the league will split early into two distinct groups - 4/5 shite, the rest fighting for six places in the top half post split. Right now we are very much in the bottom half of that, and possibly towards the bottom of it.

Momentum is also important and we’ve got a horrible run of fixtures to start it off. Lose on Saturday and we could easily get to October on zero points and at best maybe on 3/4. Fighting back from that is never easy.

Agree with your post, but the league this season has gained Ross County and lost Fundee. That post was in reply to a Dundee fan, I think you’ve read in to it too much! 

[emoji23]

I just have a lot of seethe to get out.

So yeah, the league is definitely far stronger with Doondee down.

Now that the English window has closed we have no chance of selling one of our big earners (Swanson's name was mentioned) to bring in players. With the exception of a striker, Tommy said a player out before a player in.

Looks like the only player other than a striker will be cover at full back. There will be no new first team midfield player and we need one. As others have said teams in the bottom 6 this year a stronger In my opinion at this moment in time we are not and I fear for the team.

Our only hope is that our attacking midfield players have an exceptional season. And that begins tomorrow with O'Halloran Kennedy and Swanson.

Tommy, MOH is not a striker, he needs to be wide right. I don't think Tommy has played him there this season. 

51 minutes ago, Templar said:

Now that the English window has closed we have no chance of selling one of our big earners (Swanson's name was mentioned) to bring in players. With the exception of a striker, Tommy said a player out before a player in.

Looks like the only player other than a striker will be cover at full back. There will be no new first team midfield player and we need one. As others have said teams in the bottom 6 this year a stronger In my opinion at this moment in time we are not and I fear for the team.

Our only hope is that our attacking midfield players have an exceptional season. And that begins tomorrow with O'Halloran Kennedy and Swanson.

Tommy, MOH is not a striker, he needs to be wide right. I don't think Tommy has played him there this season. 

Is it not only the the EPL window that is shut the championship one is still open

1 minute ago, Bankfoot Saints said:

Is it not only the the EPL window that is shut the championship one is still open

EPL and Championship closed for incoming players, League One and Two stay open.