Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Im interested to see how he gets on in a better team, tbh.

I dont think hes ever going to suit the holding role but if we give him freedom to play further forward i think he'd be useful.

Problem is virtually all our CM options are like that, bar McGowan.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I dont think hes ever going to suit the holding role but if we give him freedom to play further forward i think he'd be useful.

Compare his impact to Daniel Phillips, both similar ages. Daniel Phillips is rash and has his faults but is lightyears ahead of McPherson on every level.

I’ve only seen Philips start one game in the flesh and thought he was guff to be honest. I make no comment as to how he compares with McPherson, but I think the fact that debate is there to be had is another indictment of the squad. We have wasted so much money on shite and/or players that the manager just doesn’t want to give chances to. There’s no way that Mahon would have been as bad as Gordon has been at times this season for example and we paid a fortune to get him here. 

19 minutes ago, Kyle said:

There’s no way that Mahon would have been as bad as Gordon has been at times this season for example

That cameo against 3rd division cannon fodder as well as the friendly games says otherwise. 

Phillips has more ability in one leg than McPherson has, which admittedly is a low bar, I'll give you that.

I think Gallacher has been unfortunate in that Montgomery has done good in his place. Makes sense to get him a loan move. 

Murphy very unlucky just now I’d say. 

Think we should loan out Mahon, Gallacher, Bair & Max for the end of season to get them up to scratch for next season.

Once again I’m asking why Away fans are allowed in the Muirton suite. Walked in at half 6 to a room full of jambos.

will support any new owner who chooses to make the ground as toxic as possible for travelling fans.

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

will support any new owner who chooses to make the ground as toxic as possible for travelling fans.

Tonight's cakewalk notwithstanding, I think you'll find that Hearts fans have found McDairmid Park to be a toxic environment for over a decade. 

On 27/12/2022 at 19:20, RandomGuy. said:

Max?

7 hours ago, saint in exile said:

Max?

Max isnt close to a holding midfielder?

McGowan is the best option just now, but cant pass the ball and vanishes when booked. Muzz the exact same.

Phillips we have to see more of but i still dont think its the best role.

MacPherson and Hallberg could maybe work there if you play both but not alone.

Issue is, and has been for over 2 years, that the CM area gets emptied so CMs can track runners/push wide and so the holding midfielder is left all alone in there. We could sign a great DM but if hes got Carey/Crawford beside/in front hes still going to be exposed. Its why Wotherspoon has to start as he defends well but also can take people on alone, which helps when theres little/no support when countering.