Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, Willie Renton said:

I have nothing to do with the club I Posed a question but none of you seem to have any suggestions. 

Why is it on the supporters to pick a new manager? And why would supporters on a message board not having a candidate in their back pocket preclude the club from sacking a manager who is so obviously going down the same blind alleys over and over again?

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Really enjoying the influx on new Saints posters on here.

Strange how they all seem massively defensive of the club, but maybe just a coincidence.

McLennan on a PCA.

Then the next day Aberdeen announce his loans ended.

Then we pay £50k to get him back.

If you criticise the club you're a moaner. "2 cups" "we've improved since last season" etc etc 

I was starting to lose the plot towards the end there and I was getting quite a few funny looks from a few older fans. 

Lost count of how many chances we gave away from punts right down the middle as well?!

5 minutes ago, Willie Renton said:

I have nothing to do with the club I Posed a question but none of you seem to have any suggestions. 

Let's just stick to being miserable to watch and the fans wittle away to do something else on a Saturday instead because they're fed up of watching that.  There's no character or entertainment factor at all. 

As that's exactly what I'm contemplating. No longer attending games outside my already paid for season ticket.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

4 minutes ago, Willie Renton said:

This is a tired, tired old non argument a lot of our fans come up with too. Because someone cannot immediately state who should replace a manager, does not mean they can’t express the opinion a manager should be sacked. One is not dependant on the other. 

6 minutes ago, Willie Renton said:

Absolutely anyone who isn’t useless at being a football manager, Flax. Now get back to writing your statement. 

8 minutes ago, Willie Renton said:

Im still aboard the Jody Morris bus, not that i think he'd be a guarantee to want it.

18 minutes ago, Willie Renton said:

I'd actually be interested to see who might apply. 

Up until last season we were probably quite an attractive proposition.

Now a new manager has loads of shite to sort out. 

I'd even take Lomas back though at this stage because Davidson is a moronic dinosaur.

Just now, tree house tam said:

Jody isn't interested. 

Someone of that profile then, for me.

Even Davidson was the right profile at the time (young, fresh to management, served his "apprenticeship", contacts down south), its just a shame hes actually tactically 20 years late and his contacts down south is actually just one person.

23 minutes ago, Willie Renton said:

The question you posed was ridiculous. That’s probably why nobody has responded.

There is a whole world of available football managers out there. Would anyone have suggested Owen Coyle or Steve Lomas before they were appointed as Saints managers? No, because the board were thinking outside the box and we didn’t even know about their availability as potential candidates. Even if none of the more obvious names are currently out of work (which I doubt), it is then the board’s job to think outside the box as they have done in the past. This is their job, not ours.

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

It’s no surprise. He can see it happening in front of him and as far as noticing when tactics aren’t working, the keepers are usually spot on. He’s also got Liam Gordon hoofing it and making errors constantly in matches, yet Mitchell who was far superior in the middle is stuck out on the right. 

48 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Really enjoying the influx on new Saints posters on here.

Strange how they all seem massively defensive of the club, but maybe just a coincidence.

Pure coincidence I think. No club employees on here. 

22 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

How many consecutive defeats we’ll end up with this time? Livi, Rangers, Rangers away, Motherwell away and Celtic next five. We might even break another record. 

Dread to think but what we do know is that as the rot sets in the more stubborn Cal will be.

As supporters you are part of the business , it’s very easy to demand the manager be sacked but the experience of Motherwell, both Dundee teams Hibs and Kilmarnock would suggest that change of manager doesn’t, automatically bring success is expensive and those of you who are suggesting it is the responsibility of the board need to remember that from May that will consist of a very old man and Roddy.

I am not against Davidson being sacked ,just trying to open a genuine debate about what we should do at a time when the long term future of the club is suddenly open to doubt after nearly forty years of stability This is not a pushback against any of you just the genuine concerns of a supporter old enough to be present at the nightmare of being relegated by the champions Dundee