Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I forgot about Gus MacPherson. Is there a chance that if, and it’s a big big if, we sack Davidson then we could end up with Gus MacPherson managing us. In normal circumstances I’d be petrified of that thought but surely anything is better than what we have right now. 

I’m not going back to another game until Davidson is gone.

Gus MacPherson’s blue & white army…

13 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

How are you guys feeling? Genuine panic/worry? O r you think you will be ok?

Angry. 

Club sleep walking towards big trouble. Even if we do stay up they're still a shambles. Terrible contracts being thrown around like confetti, a manager and leadership who day by day are draining all the life out of the club and fans.

While Davidson remains many of the fans have had enough and no longer attend. He genuinely makes supporting the club a miserable experience.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

10 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I'd put money on Gus being a 4-4-fucking-2 kinda guy as well.

He's mostly a throw shit at the wall then persist with any formation that avoids defeat for a couple of games kind of guy. However you'll be thrilled to learn that when nothing's working, what he always inevitably falls back on is a back five.

17 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I found Remi Matthews comments interesting about learning to play a way that suits the team…

Talks about playing it long on the McDiarmid pitch as the best approach, yet who do we play it long too?

That interview, combined with Davidson admitting there was a meeting between him and the players to discuss tactics/selections before County, and there will be another this week, does not paint a pretty picture of what's happening behind the scenes.

So many red flags.

Interesting to see Eric Nicholson claim that Clark was the final piece in the jigsaw. 

Reads to me like client journalism intended to suggest that if only he hadn't got injured then Davidson was a genius who couldn't be criticised. 

The rest of the article then being some pathetically tempered criticism of Davidson for the sake of credibility. 

A poor attempt in my book and a pretty rubbish piece. 

The truth is we were also shite and thoroughly unlikeable before Clark got injured, just a few percent less so.

Davidson out

8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

And there has been for the last 18 months.

In every department of the football club.

This is the main worry, that even if/when Davidson leaves, we're left with incompetents in charge of the club.

Probably means the decline will continue apace regardless of whos manager, unless we strike gold.

Be interesting to see if theres a full breakdown of how the clubs actually being run (whos in charge of what) at this "open" day.

10 hours ago, THE FAT MAN said:

It's an open meeting, anyone can go

Just re-read the thread about the last "open" meeting, and questions about "on field" matters were apparently not allowed.

Should be great fun seeing how this one goes, especially if we lose to Livi.