Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Gordon was injured wasnt he? Hadnt recovered from his knock in the first half. That plus fan pressure led to the sub, IMO.

I think he values Hallbergs work off the ball and will be looking at the Motherwell win as an example of when we last played well, and how we dug ourselves out a hole last season, and Hallberg was a part of both in that advanced role.

Yeah forgot he was injured. 

11 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Jesus

That's appalling.

If we lose meekly on Saturday that's the first moment where I can see him actually getting jettisoned. Things have turned much more sour compared to last year — e.g we never had the Radford Twitter openly agitating for revolution. 

A few months ago there was a narrow pathway to Davidson becoming a successful St Johnstone manager it looked like he could still go down. That's gone now and there's no way back.

With that in mind I hope he goes full bunker and plays the back five Livi have turned over before and keeps the out of form players in there. 

On another note thought it was interesting to see Eric N doing some mild criticism on Sunday. Given his sourcing within elements of the dressing room and the club hierarchy you'd imagine that means the manager is under real pressure now .. 

16 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

On another note thought it was interesting to see Eric N doing some mild criticism on Sunday. Given his sourcing within elements of the dressing room and the club hierarchy you'd imagine that means the manager is under real pressure now .. 

I thought that the extended commentary about Nielsen's binning told a similar story. Heart's decision has given air cover to discuss managerial sackings in the press.

It doesn't help his case that Robbie is just Callum with a more generous credit limit.

Just now, Valentino Bolognese said:

I thought that the extended commentary about Nielsen's binning told a similar story. Heart's decision has given air cover to discuss managerial sackings in the press.

It doesn't help his case that Robbie is just Callum with a more generous credit limit.

I found it really telling that Davidson was coming out with the "I'm shocked he was sacked" line. Now either he genuinely believes it and by that same token believes he is doing a superb job with Saints (which is possible). Or he's using it as a smokescreen to throw off our own board and make them second guess even considering jettisoning him!

15 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Who will actually make the decision to sack Davidson?

This is an essential question for the open night. And one that has to be pressed even if they squirm and give non-answers.

Was it asked at the first one?

2 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

This is an essential question for the open night. And one that has to be pressed even if they squirm and give non-answers.

Was it asked at the first one?

Nope. I guy tried to bring up the "form" on the pitch but it was shrugged off.

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Who will actually make the decision to sack Davidson? Flax and co won't have the authority to do that, Steve has given up?

Geoff prides himself on not sacking the managers... 

Just can't see where the decision to sack him even comes from.

This is where i am.

While we're out the relegation spot nobody at the clubs making that call. Steve Brown might have, when he was bothered about the club, but hes likely just counting down the days now.

Would think Geoff Brown wouldve already done it, or been very close, back in the day, but its night for him now and you cant see him wanting to be involved in it all again. Especially at this stage of a season. 

Me and my daughter are not renewing if he's still in charge next season. We have not gone to the last 3 home games and not missed it one bit. 

It is just a chore to go and watch the same horror show over and over. 

I can handle us losing/being relegated etc but at least have a go / attempt to win a game rather than this utter garbage 

Unless the plan is to let him go at the end of the season it feels a bit pointless keeping him on. He might well keep us up, but one bad run of form 6 months down the line will just bring us back to the point of people wanting him gone again. Once a support goes it’s hard to win them back

His early performance in the double season was shite as well. Until things turned round against Killie from being 2-0 down at HT. 

He's basically had a special 6-8 months where Rooney, McCann and Kerr were outstanding and won him 2 cups. 

11 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Unless the plan is to let him go at the end of the season it feels a bit pointless keeping him on. He might well keep us up, but one bad run of form 6 months down the line will just bring us back to the point of people wanting him gone again. Once a support goes it’s hard to win them back

A "plan"...? You give them too much credit. They're not capable of having a plan! 

3 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

His early performance in the double season was shite as well. Until things turned round against Killie from being 2-0 down at HT. 

He's basically had a special 6-8 months where Rooney, McCann and Kerr were outstanding and won him 2 cups. 

At least in the early performances we were at least attacking and getting wide/crosses in etc. Yes we did not convert many chances but some games from memory we were having 20 attempts at goal etc. 

Dan Phillips today talking about "sloppy goals" conceded being the major problem, which comes after Davidson and Matthews saying the same, so presumably thats what's being blamed within the dressing room for the poor form.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Dan Phillips today talking about "sloppy goals" conceded being the major problem, which comes after Davidson and Matthews saying the same, so presumably thats what's being blamed within the dressing room for the poor form.

All he talks about is "defending better" so not shocked. "Keep it tight".

He's simply incapable of being positive and having a go.