Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I was against it tbh, but the more i think about it the more it makes sense.

Give the players confidence, give us some solidity again, give the fans something to cheer.

Short term it makes a tonne of sense i think.

interestingly Nicholson mentions Tommy in his latest bit for the courier. hopefully if thats the route we go then its sorted in the next few days

Just me that thinks Maclean's interim appointment smells of no other strategy being in place? 

In any event, as hard as that must have been for Brown, it was the right thing to do. CD's parting shot at the players yesterday was laughable but hopefully gets a reaction.

The potential new owner news is interesting too, where was that cited?

1 minute ago, Fife Saint said:

Just me that thinks Maclean's interim appointment smells of no other strategy being in place? 

In any event, as hard as that must have been for Brown, it was the right thing to do. CD's parting shot at the players yesterday was laughable but hopefully gets a reaction.

Too early to say yet but you could well be right. Stuff about new owners is in the Courier

2 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

I don’t think they had planned for him to leave before season end so didn’t have a backup prepared. However I’m not too arsed about it. Can’t see Maclean being calm when shit hits the fan. 

New owners cited in the courier. Advanced talks and I’m guessing that’s been a trigger. 

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

Peter Grant is some boy 🤣🤣🤣

I dread to think what he has to say about Davidson but his commentary on the Killie v Celtic game was brerathtaking.

Apparently Killie "didn't want to score" because their striker didn't smash Joe Hart into the net going for a cross that he was never going to get. He is an absolute buffoon.

4 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

’This is a Scottish club owned by Scots, always has been and let it stay that way’ is one of the more interesting interesting takes I’ve seen today

Are we turning into Airdrie? This needs to stop. I'll fight any Nazi inbred fucker I see at Mcdiarmid. 

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

Peter Grant is some boy 🤣🤣🤣

What's that rocket been saying?

12 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I dread to think what he has to say about Davidson but his commentary on the Killie v Celtic game was brerathtaking.

Apparently Killie "didn't want to score" because their striker didn't smash Joe Hart into the net going for a cross that he was never going to get. He is an absolute buffoon.

11 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Are we turning into Airdrie? This needs to stop. I'll fight any Nazi inbred fucker I see at Mcdiarmid. 

No manager should be sacked if the club started the season with them. They should always get the full season.

Fans don't understand that managers HAVE to play players out of position. It doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing. 

Just now, Fife Saint said:

What clowns like grant don't understand is that fans are acutely aware of what is utterly shite and more importantly what level of utter shite they are prepared to spend 000's on in the next 12 months. 

Nonsense. Fans are absolute dummies and know nothing about football. Good football men like Peter Grant know best. 

Edited by PSJ.84

Twitter makes it sound like Peter Grant has blamed "social media" for the sacking too, rather than 2 seasons of relegation battling despite being the highest spending manager in 30 years.

17 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

No manager should be sacked if the club started the season with them. They should always get the full season.

Fans don't understand that managers HAVE to play players out of position. It doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing. 

Did Peter grant not sit in the away end v Dunfermline in the same season he was sacked by dunfermline? 

32 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I genuinely saw a normal looking chap wearing a Skrewdriver t-shirt in the Ormond Stand a couple of years ago. Maybe there's more of an edge to Saints fans than is generally appreciated...

37 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I genuinely saw a normal looking chap wearing a Skrewdriver t-shirt in the Ormond Stand a couple of years ago. Maybe there's more of an edge to Saints fans than is generally appreciated...

Must've been looking for kids to groom, did you punch his puss and kick him on his way?