Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

10 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Judging by how much the Celtic fans on Twitter seem to love Davidson he might get some kind of coaching gig there 😀

You can tell theyve never to worry about finishing anywhere other than the top 2.

Live in an absolute fantasy land where the stakes involved are tiny. Theres every chance our next decade is defined by whether we stay up or not, if the prospective new owners are going to pull out if we're relegated.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Some of the online comments and tales are absolutely wild, to the point where reasoned saints fans try and explain it, but get shot down. Ranging from he’s our best ever manager and deserves loyalty to he didn’t get enough time and this is a snap decision. 

I know people other than saints don’t care about us, but we’ve been rank rotten for almost 2 calendar years now, he’s tried (no much) to change and sort it, but totally failed. Then again the other take is that the players are at fault, now whilst this is also true, can anybody blame them for downing tools or not being able to play with the tactics. 

Most decent people who actually have half an idea about Scottish football have seemed to understand it, that I’ve seen anyway. Kris Commons can f**k off though. Waiting on them uploading yesterday’s Sportsound so I can listen to their views too. 

I’m working on the assumption that most of those commentators (both fans and pundits) have seen the cup double but not been watching the subsequent near two seasons on the park.

I had real hope before the World Cup break that a corner had been turned. Shame that it hadn’t. 

Edited by hamicle

14 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

That otherwise v good summary by unofficial twitter doesn't even mention the worst transfers, being Crawford and the contract lengths of Considine, Carey and Murphy (although there seems to be some uncertainty about the last one) 

Murphy is a 1 year with a 1 year trigger

2 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

That otherwise v good summary by unofficial twitter doesn't even mention the worst transfers, being Crawford and the contract lengths of Considine, Carey and Murphy (although there seems to be some uncertainty about the last one) 

The Crawford deal really got to me the worse out of the lot... I've not kept up on how he's doing on loan 

Edited by chips

2 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

In whose option? Or It is it appearance based? 

I don't think they announced what the trigger point was but I remember it was announced as being a 1 year deal with an option for a second or something similar. I'm sure my list has got a +1 next to his contract expiry date anyway, and he did an interview last week where he mentioned clauses/triggers or something as well.

38 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Have any of the players put anything out on social media? 

Not social media, but Ryan McGownan was pretty honest in The Courier interview he did, where he acknowledged that the players also hadn’t been good enough. Nothing majorly personal though.