Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I’ll go for a ‘we’ll need to get some out before we can bring anyone in’ interview on the 11th of July, because that’s when our first time manager will be back from his coaching course. 

29 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I’ll go for a ‘we’ll need to get some out before we can bring anyone in’ interview on the 11th of July, because that’s when our first time manager will be back from his coaching course. 

Better a coaching course than a golf course.

6 hours ago, Radford said:

Not including bounce games I assume? Cause Bair already has that in the bag.

Sweepstake on when we'll announce our first new signing?

6th

5 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Any update from the club on the number of season tickets sold? Quick glance at the map would suggest sales going pretty well, although there may be some folk not renewing, which is showing the seats as unavailable.

Nearly 2k from what I heard

Ive a horrible sinking feeling this window is going to a complete non-event. We'll sign some form of goalkeeper, probably a Jamie MacDonald type who wont compete for the number one jersey, and probably get another year from James Brown, but i genuinely worry thats all we'll do bar some punt on a CB whos either a loan from Celtic/Rangers, or one an agents hawking about.

I then worry that a rookie squad + rookie manager + relying on Considine managing another season at CB = doomed to bottom pretty early.

Relax lads, it’s still early days, plenty other clubs haven’t done business. 

Although Jamie Macdonald as back up is something I can see occurring, and if it’s solely back up I don’t care. 

I doubt Macdonald would be much if any worse than Matthews, who was fine but nothing  that lifted any trees IMO. Pulled off a few very good saves and not many absolutely glaring errors but felt he was one of those ‘could he have done a bit better there?’ goalies.

Think the back up goalkeeper does have a wee bit riding on it because we don’t really know if Sinclair is up to it yet as we were only in the position to give him 2 dead rubbers at the end of last season. If Allan McGregor is still up for a playing contract and looking for coaching experience, he could be one to fit the role too, as long as he knows he’s there as back up/to be used in the event of a confidence crisis with Sinclair.

Parish leaving certainly opens up that opportunity for an experienced goalie to come in and combine the two roles. Perhaps we’ve got someone in mind/lined up to do just that and that’s why Parish is away. 

Not much given away in the statement about Parish. His decision, one made by the club or a case of they couldn't agree terms?

I guess what happens nexf might answer some of those.

Coaching staff down to the bare bones now. Alec Cleland is what exactly? Liam Craig is first team analyst and development coach. Alex Headrick does the fitness stuff. Surely has to be appointments to be made?

Knicker wetting over Parish going is quite something - very happy we've removed the spectre of him ever again playing in a football match for us.

Replacing him with an older player who can coach and you can credibly rely on to do goalkeeping if required would be great.

8 hours ago, Kyle said:

Certainly have to do something about having no goalkeeping coach, senior goalie in the squad is 22 so it’s not like we can ask/expect them to look after themselves 

Could get Birighitti to be a "how not to do it" coach. 

15 hours ago, Kyle said:

I doubt Macdonald would be much if any worse than Matthews, who was fine but nothing  that lifted any trees IMO. Pulled off a few very good saves and not many absolutely glaring errors but felt he was one of those ‘could he have done a bit better there?’ goalies.

Think the back up goalkeeper does have a wee bit riding on it because we don’t really know if Sinclair is up to it yet as we were only in the position to give him 2 dead rubbers at the end of last season. If Allan McGregor is still up for a playing contract and looking for coaching experience, he could be one to fit the role too, as long as he knows he’s there as back up/to be used in the event of a confidence crisis with Sinclair.

Parish leaving certainly opens up that opportunity for an experienced goalie to come in and combine the two roles. Perhaps we’ve got someone in mind/lined up to do just that and that’s why Parish is away. 

I am sure i read before that McGregor and Macca go way back from school days playing in teams together and joined the  Original Rangers at the same time!