Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

22 minutes ago, Kyle said:

8 first team players out injured and seems like at least 6 won't make it for Saturday. 

Seeing as we have about 12 first team players, that's something of a blow. 

Hearts are 5/4. Payday cannot come quick enough.

Booth with a different injury but still never fit. 

Kane's injury is "no better"

Clark requires another scan. 

MacPherson seems there's not much progress either. No timescale but "sooner rather than later"

Brown injured again so looks like it'll be Wright at full back again so another start for Max. Him cutting inside with Drey offering an overlapping option wouldn't be too upsetting though. 

Probably want 2 holding in midfield. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

2 hours ago, Costanza said:

Kane is out for four months apparently. Probably wishes he’d taken the three year deal Livingston offered him. 

We'd probably still sign him in January :D If we can somehow keep Devlin fit then f**k it why not

The sicknotes need cut as soon as possible. I dont care how harsh it is on some of the longer term ones but its not something we can deal with any longer. If Kanes shafted without a club while injured then thats the harsh reality of football, he was lucky to get a deal in the Summer anyway and i hope the rumours about how he got injured again arent true.

We're likely stuck with Clark since his contracts so long, and the others until next Summer, but Booth, MacPherson and Kane have spent more time injured than not in the past few years and we cant carry that in a smaller squad.

13 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Starting to think we need to be looking closer at our medical team. Not a chance in hell players should be going through this so often. 

I know there are a few long term injuries but it also makes you wonder about the pre-season training.  Are the players keeping themselves fit during the break? (hopefully - they are pros after all)  Are they easing into hard training or going all out from the start.  With such a small squad you'd think that they would hopefully now be a more individual approach to the fitness side of things. Maybe there is ... or maybe they've cut back on that side of things too?

1 hour ago, Saint Huck said:

I know there are a few long term injuries but it also makes you wonder about the pre-season training.  Are the players keeping themselves fit during the break? (hopefully - they are pros after all)  Are they easing into hard training or going all out from the start.  With such a small squad you'd think that they would hopefully now be a more individual approach to the fitness side of things. Maybe there is ... or maybe they've cut back on that side of things too?

I think it is more that we have an old squad (did have) and there is a couple who just always seem to have niggles.

Booth, Clark and Crawford are all at the age that what was previously small knocks they could play through become bigger issues and longer injuries take more time to recover from.

MacPherson seems to be either really unfortunate with different injuries or he is just one of those players for who any injury seems to impact worse. I suspect he'll be gone when his contract runs out and given how often he picks up injuries, won't make much of a career for himself. The trade off I suppose is when you look at Muzz. So often picked up knocks and played through them and now in his mid 30's it taken a real toll on his body.

I have often wondered if they are over-trained with all the muscle injuries we seem to pick up? Are they being pushed too hard or not hard enough? 

Quite often over the last few years we get to 60/65 minutes and look absolutely done. 

Is that down to the workload during the week?

Edited by John Bonham