Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

23 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Any news on how long Drey Wright is out for?

Think that Costelloe is mostly a left winger? Based on yesterday having them on either side would allow us to stretch things a bit more than we have been, and show a bit of attacking threat.

We might even be able to score our first league goal.

Heard it’ll be October 

If Gordon wasn't left out got McGowan on Saturday I would have said McGowan might have been a candidate for one that was told his game time might be limited. 

Wouldn't be down to his performances but we've signed Smith to play instead of him in midfield, we've now got cover at right back. 

The only place that leaves is at centre back 🤷‍♂️

Id rather keep McGowan over others, but the point @Kyle made about him likely having more options to move than others seems relevant.

If one has to go out and only one is getting offers, what do you do when youve too many in there?

21 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

McGowan being able to cover three positions might save him. Half wondered if it might be MacPherson but I guess he’s got age on his side

If we sign Sven then he'll replace McGowan as a midfield option as well. 

Whether we sign him or not it's evident we're looking for another to play that defensive role. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

I could see McPherson going out, initially on a 6 month loan. Flashes of talent, but inconsistencies and injuries mean he will never advance from where he is. I'd put good money on his air of 'can't be arsedness' would bug MacLean.

Equally, bar the effort, much the same could be levelled at Max and Ballantyne, although I'd say max a bit more secure in that he has the longest contract and Ballantyne because he is relatively cheep. 

When you’re trying to reduce numbers and the squad size it’s important to know that every player can contribute and is good enough to play when required. For me that leaves you looking to move Ballantyne, Booth, Crawford, McPherson on I’d say with Parker and Max out on loan. It’s maybe harsh, but the guys we’ve brought in arguably look better and it shows that we most certainly can do better if we’d put our minds to it the last few seasons. 

Tbf would not be shock at any names that were not signed this summer. Could be purely from a wages perspective rather than ability / team selection. 

From what I’ve heard about Bairs wages - it would not shock me that getting 2 out could pay for 3 in.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23751364.callum-davidson-reveals-st-johnstone-win-bust-ultimatum/

No coincidence this article appears the Monday after the Hibs job becomes available 🤷‍♂️ mentions how he's keen to get back into management again. 

He's upset about changing the formation in his final game. Of course he is. He is madly in love with that formation 

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23751364.callum-davidson-reveals-st-johnstone-win-bust-ultimatum/

No coincidence this article appears the Monday after the Hibs job becomes available 🤷‍♂️ mentions how he's keen to get back into management again. 

He's upset about changing the formation in his final game. Of course he is. He is madly in love with that formation 

No lessons learned, then.