Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

21 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

It may have been that there was a bit of a reaction to St. Mirren’s losses that made me think there’d be one for us, though the more I think of it, it was mostly  an Old Firm ticket related pile on 

Yeah, there were wind-up attempts from other fans on here - I was surprised as well - and some panic among the looney fringe in our support.

But more widely it was mainly thick-as-pigshit OF fans/observers who couldn't work out that 1) the financial period with the loss applied to the year before we reduced their allocations and 2) the reduced allocations has improved our attendances.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, there were wind-up attempts from other fans on here - I was surprised as well - and some panic among the looney fringe in our support.

But more widely it was mainly thick-as-pigshit OF fans/observers who couldn't work out that 1) the financial period with the loss applied to the year before we reduced their allocations and 2) the reduced allocations has improved our attendances.

We had an open fans meeting where I mentioned your approach, and its results, which I commend the club for. First response from the floor, “but St Mirren made a huge loss of £1.5m.” I had to explain that, as you say, the loss was incurred prior to the new policy, and that we could surely learn something from you. Many people just see the headline.

Edited by andrewh

40 minutes ago, andrewh said:

We had an open fans meeting where I mentioned your approach, and its results, which I commend the club for. First response from the floor, “but St Mirren made a huge loss of £1.5m.” I had to explain that, as you say, the loss was incurred prior to the new policy, and that we could surely learn something from you. Many people just see the headline.

I remember that. No surprise it was Roddy and Flaherty that didn't understand.

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

The very same Old Firm diddies are claiming this time it was some kind of financial doping and why aren't we being relegated to the third tier... despite it not being in any way similar to the EBT tax evasion going bust thing...

It's.just another example of the internet providing the platform to put their opinions out there and despite them having no real understanding of the situation having a few followers on Twitter gives then gives that empty opinion credence. 

11 hours ago, tree house tam said:

The three of them are to blame. Broon for being a huffy p***k and walking away( typical ***). Broon for putting Flax in charge then giving him free reign. Broon for agreeing with Callum about giving him 90% of the Kerr/McCann transfer takings to spend on his squad. Callum for being a useless, one dimensional, grunting moron and Finally Flax for being a pushover, a weasel who didn't have a clue what he was doing and lying p***k to boot.

It all makes sense now, thanks for clearing it up.

Davidson was guilty of signing shite players for too long and having no overall strategy to develop the squad.  If we’d signed a decent goal scorer after the double we had a great chance of making the group stage of the conference league and maybe even keeping McCann for the season.

Instead we waited until we were deep in the relegation shite before we decided we had to sign players, so that January 2022 we dished out a lot of money on long term contracts to a lot of poor players, as agents knew we were desperate and ramped up the deals to milk us for every penny they could.

But I still think the club are more to blame. Most managers in the league would keep spending money if no one at their club was telling them to rein it in, albeit few would make as bad a job of it as Davidson did.

Just sitting back and placing no sensible limit on player spending whilst we rack up £1.5m worth of losses is scandalous management, and so out of tune with the previous 15 years.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Davidson was guilty of signing shite players for too long and having no overall strategy to develop the squad.  If we’d signed a decent goal scorer after the double we had a great chance of making the group stage of the conference league and maybe even keeping McCann for the season.

Instead we waited until we were deep in the relegation shite before we decided we had to sign players, so that January 2022 we dished out a lot of money on long term contracts to a lot of poor players, as agents knew we were desperate and ramped up the deals to milk us for every penny they could.

But I still think the club are more to blame. Most managers in the league would keep spending money if no one at their club was telling them to rein it in, albeit few would make as bad a job of it as Davidson did.

Just sitting back and placing no sensible limit on player spending whilst we rack up £1.5m worth of losses is scandalous management, and so out of tune with the previous 15 years.

Wee Broon had left the building and left the gobshite in charge. Who then in turn let Davidson do as he wished. It does all stem from the top but there were three involved and they're all culpable. 

7 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

What section was initially on sale for Hibs? The right half of the section still on sale?

If so, many aren't fancying it 😬

Fairly sure the sort of half section is sold out and they just the other half up yesterday.

The biggest problem is folk will go on to buy a ticket on Saturday morning then realise they are physical tickets this time and not e-tickets.

Is this in response to the absolute shambles outside at the turnstiles? Lot of folk talked about the great atmosphere at Easter Road last October, that certainly wasn't the vibe outside when the game was kicking-off.

We are where we are and the manager will get a fair crack of the whip but doesn't take a huge leap to read between the lines here and see why he was such an attractive prospect when it came to making an appointment.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/4738210/st-johnstone-fc-loss-transfer-cuts-steven-maclean/

A properly functioning St Johnstone know that continuity should only really follow a period of success, which we certainly weren't enjoying.

To give MacLean his dues though, he has tried to shake things up, part of the reason he'll get that fair crack at things in terms of fan backing.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

The biggest problem is folk will go on to buy a ticket on Saturday morning then realise they are physical tickets this time and not e-tickets.

Hadn't realised this either. I was on the fence with paying £38 for me and my son to watch this (£12 for an under 13 is a bit of a fucking rip off), but the fact I couldn't get tickets in time for kick off without going to McDiarmid, when I live about 4 miles from Easter Road, has probably made my mind up for me!  

1 hour ago, Nelly78 said:

Hadn't realised this either. I was on the fence with paying £38 for me and my son to watch this (£12 for an under 13 is a bit of a fucking rip off), but the fact I couldn't get tickets in time for kick off without going to McDiarmid, when I live about 4 miles from Easter Road, has probably made my mind up for me!  

The SLO would meet you outside Easter rd I’m sure