Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

10 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Why would you wish that on anyone,never mind a player from your team ? 

I should've cropped that post I was replying to, leaving just the last sentence. Cammy McPherson playing his last game in a Saints shirt is a cause for celebration in my eyes. This being due to a fairly serious injury isn't.

I am however still furious that those complete charlatans were allowed to sign him in the first place. I'd go one further than Radford, the three amigos should be hung drawn and quartered for that episode in Saints history.

I do have history for holding onto things, I still can't get over that First half against Trakai and hold Tommy responsible. I'm also not comfortable with the golden boy getting a free ticket for that subs appearance against LASK. That's just me though.... I'm a c**t.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

I do have history for holding onto things, I still can't get over that First half against Trakai and hold Tommy responsible. I'm also not comfortable with the golden boy getting a free ticket for that subs appearance against LASK. That's just me though.... I'm a c**t.

😪Trakai was horrific, got a call at half time, saying my mum was about to pass away, certainly a game I’ll never forget, or half a game I should say. We’ve all got our little foibles, and that’s why we’re all different, merry Christmas Tam x

3 minutes ago, Muirton Saint said:

Feel for him, not up to the standard we need but no player should have their career halted by injuries as much as his has. Hope he finds a decent club after the summer.

I wouldn't wish ill upon him and genuinely hope he has a decent career, but for me, a lot of the injuries he has been out with are ones that others maybe would have just got in with. There's a balance to be had with throwing yourself into challenges and picking up injuries you play on with like Murray Davidson and being fragile for niggles like Cammy. Not saying this isn't genuine, but he's missed a huge amount of games I'm convinced he could have gotten himself fit for if he had enough hunger. 

1 hour ago, perthsaint1977 said:

I heard the worst story ever about the 3 amigos at saints. It's absolutely gross mis management and I'm actually seething about it. 

The damage SB, CD and IF have done reputationaly and financialy is off the scale. 

Sickening the way the club was run under them.

Waiting GIF

1 hour ago, perthsaint1977 said:

I heard the worst story ever about the 3 amigos at saints. It's absolutely gross mis management and I'm actually seething about it. 

The damage SB, CD and IF have done reputationaly and financialy is off the scale. 

If it’s the same story I’ve heard it’s so dangerously negligent we’re lucky that the club is still here.

2 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Funnily enough i got told a few weeks ago Flaherty had tied the club to a lot of contracts that were just awful financially and would take years, or a lot of money, to get out of.

9 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Don’t know if it’s the one you are talking about, but I had heard a good while back that our deal for Bair was ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Paris Hilltoon said:

Would be Etu or Bear I would guess. 

Would either of them fit the "zero chance of recouping anything" though? Lack of quality comments aside, they might have been viewed as being sellable in the future when they signed.

Sort of running out of players we signed for fees that are older though, so maybe its just mad wages?

It depends if expensive means a fee paid for him, or the amount he got in wages.

Kettlewell did say there was no way that Motherwell could match what Bair was getting here.

However, if there was no sell on value, I remember somebody mentioned that Jamie Murphy was on a ridiculously big amount.