Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

A player who I think would suit us just now is Nathan Fraser at Wolves, who's been made available for loan for the second half of the season. He's only 18, but he's 6'2", relatively strong and quick, plus has a decent scoring record for a fairly low scoring youth team. He was officially promoted to the senior squad at the start of the season, and scored on his debut earlier this season in the league Cup. 

There's supposedly a lot of interest in him. Fingers crossed we're included as we need an option up front with some mobility. Plus it would hopefully allow us to bin Jephcott, DJ, and Costelloe. 

I'm sorry about Booth but we can't afford to have guys that can't stay fit. He was a huge part of the double season and there's no way we get the same goal in the SC Final with Tanser in there instead.

1 hour ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Costello and Booth are away 

All the best to Callum Booth, a double winning legend. Not his fault he was given a ludicrously long contract when his powers were on the wain. 

Hope the door doesn't hit Costelloe on the way out. 

Posted (edited)

The Courier reporting we've signed Benjamin Kimpioka. Ex Sunderland 'wonder kid' apparently. 
24 year old who's been on loan from AIK ti Luzern and can play through the middle or wide. 

Can see why we've let Costelloe go. That looks a really promising signing.

Edited by Kyle

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The Courier reporting we've signed Benjamin Kimpioka. Ex Sunderland 'wonder kid' apparently. 
24 year old who's been on loan from AIK ti Luzern and can play through the middle or wide. 

I posted in the Dundee match thread on 30/12 about this (senior moment and thought it was the saints chat thread) and the hope from CL that he will be starting at Dens. 

Could be an exciting window for a change ... 

19 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

I posted in the Dundee match thread on 30/12 about this (senior moment and thought it was the saints chat thread) and the hope from CL that he will be starting at Dens. 

Could be an exciting window for a change ... 

It's needed. We've been hampered by so many poor signings the last few years.

30 minutes ago, Kyle said:

A great big shrug about him just now, but being described as quick, strong, and a willing runner from what ive read so far, so hopefully he has a brain to go with it.

Levein being brutal with Booth is fine with me. No harm to Booth but its been pointless him being here for well over a year.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

That's Costelloe away. Apparently recalled by Burnley, saving face for him IMO. 

Burnley - "Ideally, Craig, how much time do you plan on giving Costelloe, as we need him playing regularly to develop"

Levein - "I dont plan on him playing at all"

Just now, Sconesaint said:

Tony Doc watching him in our 2-2 game and thinking ‘He is my man’ has me laughing 

Genuinely wonder what has convinced Tony to sign him, that 2-2 is his worst performance for us from what I remember.