Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Radford said:

I'd been enjoying the winter break.

If its any help remember hes unlikely to ever play for us again.

Courier with quotes from Levein saying Kimpioka was suggested by Jack Ross, theyre aiming to mostly sign players who showed promise at a young age but have fallen away, and Costelloe left because he knew he wasn't going to play much.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Courier with quotes from Levein saying Kimpioka was suggested by Jack Ross, theyre aiming to mostly sign players who showed promise at a young age but have fallen away

A return for Adam Morgan then?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Courier with quotes from Levein saying Kimpioka was suggested by Jack Ross, theyre aiming to mostly sign players who showed promise at a young age but have fallen away, and Costelloe left because he knew he wasn't going to play much.

Interesting read from Levein, it’s feels good again to have a manager just saying sensible things that all the supporters also think and agree with, been a few years since it’s been like this.

Shall be interesting to get some feedback from what him and Kirk say tonight at the supporters meeting if anyone on here is going! 

Help me out here, tried to put a Saints team together on the thread about players who left a club but rejoined later in their career. There must be central defenders, but I can’t think of any:

St Johnstone Returners XI

Alan Main

CallumDavidson   X     X        DonMcVicar

Wotherspoon   LiamCraig    Swanson

O’Halloran   RoddyGrant   Stevie May     

Sub: Lee Croft

* Wotherspoon played in our academy as a youngster before joining Hibs so I’ve sneaked him in.

14 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

There’s no way that we can possibly have three Smiths in our squad. We’d become a laughing stock. 

In 1975-76, when we were a genuine laughing stock, we played three Smiths in the same team.

35 minutes ago, DavidReid01 said:

Club socials now saying Keltjens is signed on a deal until 2025? Wasn’t it initially announced as 6 months?

Yeah it was definitely announced till the end of the season at the time. 

Just a guess but might have been something like he didn't want to sign longer until he knew for sure his family would get visas etc to come with him. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Amazed Levein is still going down this road, we had some awful signings trying this. Aidy White, Sofian El Hassnoui, , Malaury Martin, Danny, Amankwaa, Wighton. Occasionally you got a good one like Zeefuik or Sow, but mainly it was a shite tactic that left the squad bloated.  

8 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Amazed Levein is still going down this road, we had some awful signings trying this. Aidy White, Sofian El Hassnoui, , Malaury Martin, Danny, Amankwaa, Wighton. Occasionally you got a good one like Zeefuik or Sow, but mainly it was a shite tactic that left the squad bloated.  

As he also said, Saints are fishing in a different pond from Hearts. He's not saying/doing anything unreasonable imo.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Help me out here, tried to put a Saints team together on the thread about players who left a club but rejoined later in their career. There must be central defenders, but I can’t think of any:

St Johnstone Returners XI

Alan Main

CallumDavidson   X     X        DonMcVicar

Wotherspoon   LiamCraig    Swanson

O’Halloran   RoddyGrant   Stevie May     

Sub: Lee Croft

* Wotherspoon played in our academy as a youngster before joining Hibs so I’ve sneaked him in.

Two more for the subs bench: Marcus Haber and Cillian Sheridan. Maybe Drey Wright could shuffle into the defence? 

7 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Two more for the subs bench: Marcus Haber and Cillian Sheridan. Maybe Drey Wright could shuffle into the defence? 

Kieran McAnespie, Ryan McCann, Kenny Deuchar, Felipe Morais to name a few more 

Stuart McCaffrey technically signed twice didnt he? Once on loan, once permanently, but that feels like cheating as he never left and then came back.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Think theres a balance and its a problem if you lean too far into it. Hopefully his experience at Hearts + our lesser budget means we dont see a huge amount coming in.

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

As he also said, Saints are fishing in a different pond from Hearts. He's not saying/doing anything unreasonable imo.

He's not saying anything wrong on the surface of it, but it's similar to what he said at Hearts. That we were in a different league to Rangers and Celtic and if you wanted to close the gaps you need to be smart.

Don't get me wrong, it can work, it just shouldn't be used too heavily and he was guilty of it before.

34 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

He's not saying anything wrong on the surface of it, but it's similar to what he said at Hearts. That we were in a different league to Rangers and Celtic and if you wanted to close the gaps you need to be smart.

Don't get me wrong, it can work, it just shouldn't be used too heavily and he was guilty of it before.

It'll be genuinely almost impossible for him to sign worse than some of the shite we saw with Davidson.