Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sounds like similar tweets made by others, that resulted in violence, has resulted in football banning orders against those who tweeted.

Not 100% sure exactly how that works and how it gets decided, but i suspect theyll try and make an example of him. Plus theres a real chance hes getting dragged into any court case that happens.

Can't wait to see him sit front page crying trying to wash himself of all blame. Hopefully he gets the jail. If not for his tweet then for the whole "tipster" shtick.

Reliable poster in WAP given an update of sorts.

- James Brown is free to leave

- Jephcott and May have interested clubs and are likely away this month in some form

- Turner-Cooke will return to Newcastle this month

- Crawford wont leave his contract so is likely to stay

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Reliable poster in WAP given an update of sorts.

- James Brown is free to leave

- Jephcott and May have interested clubs and are likely away this month in some form

- Turner-Cooke will return to Newcastle this month

- Crawford wont leave his contract so is likely to stay

All seems likely. The Crawford one I’ve heard from multiple sources. Will probably end up at Hamilton doing f**k all claiming the saints fans seen him as a scapegoat. 

Just now, mizfit said:

All seems likely. The Crawford one I’ve heard from multiple sources. Will probably end up at Hamilton doing f**k all claiming the saints fans seen him as a scapegoat. 

The blame for Crawford lies entirely with Davidson etc., IMO.

I bet Crawford couldnt believe his luck when he got offered the contract he did.

12 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Don't think he likes Accies fans all that much either. I wouldn't be surprised if we're one of the teams interested in Stevie May, though it's unlikely we'd be able to sign him. 

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Don't think he likes Accies fans all that much either. I wouldn't be surprised if we're one of the teams interested in Stevie May, though it's unlikely we'd be able to sign him. 

Oh I don't know. Depends who's all in for him but seems like he's well down the pecking order with us now and Levein is talking about signing another striker too. Any half decent offer we'll consider and May is the type that'll want to play IMO.

While I think May will probably be off, if he wasn't I'd be happy for him to stay. Still gives the team something and if nothing else, usually has a wee scoring streak at some point in the season.

Of the rest, can't see anyone losing sleep over any of them going.

If we could get Jephcott away for free fantastic. Any nominal fee would be incredible.

That Crawford still gets a wage from the club and Wotherspoon does not is criminal. 

40 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Loan where were still paying a good chunk of his wages. 

Likely the case in how Booth went to Spartans and about the only other way we could move on the likes of Crawford as well.

From both their perspectives but especially Crawford they'd be mad to walk away from the last full time contract prematurely.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Id rather May than Jaiyesimi as a striker.

He's such a weird footballer. 

He has good feet with the ball although he seems to just over do it for no reason. Even when it does work out for him it all collapses because he can't seem to pass it 5 yards, cross a ball or shoot. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

24 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

He's such a weird footballer. 

He has good feet with the ball although he seems to just over do it for no reason. Even when it does work out for him it all collapses because he can't seem to pass it 5 yards, cross a ball or shoot. 

If you could visualise a players "fire" and "hunger", his would be small damp stone.

In regards to Kimpioka, it was a debut which made all of his strengths and weaknesses abundantly clear within about ten minutes. This man will be an enigma. He will also be an unpredictable nightmare for some defences to deal with, and that nightmare will hopefully lead to more scoring opportunities for Nicky Clark. For better or for worse, I'd be surprised if we go through many matches and think 'I barely noticed Kimpioka out there'. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The blame for Crawford lies entirely with Davidson etc., IMO.

I bet Crawford couldnt believe his luck when he got offered the contract he did.

I completely agree that it's Davidson etc to blame. 

However, Crawford is just taking the piss now.  He's had two years of free money from us. To spin it out for another four months when we clearly need to get him off the budget tells a story that it's not just on the field of play that he's a cowardly wee shitebag.

21 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

In regards to Kimpioka, it was a debut which made all of his strengths and weaknesses abundantly clear within about ten minutes. This man will be an enigma. He will also be an unpredictable nightmare for some defences to deal with, and that nightmare will hopefully lead to more scoring opportunities for Nicky Clark. For better or for worse, I'd be surprised if we go through many matches and think 'I barely noticed Kimpioka out there'. 

Im wary of saying it as ill be accused of racial profiling, but he does remind me of Tade.

Physical strengths he hasnt quite mastered.

Quality of touch comes and goes randomly.

Isnt a great striker of the ball but feels likely he just catches them perfectly every so often.

8 minutes ago, The Marly said:

I completely agree that it's Davidson etc to blame. 

However, Crawford is just taking the piss now.  He's had two years of free money from us. To spin it out for another four months when we clearly need to get him off the budget tells a story that it's not just on the field of play that he's a cowardly wee shitebag.

Aye Crawford isnt blameless here. Effectively wasted what shouldve been his final peak years rotting in our stands.

5 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Can't wait to see him sit front page crying trying to wash himself of all blame. Hopefully he gets the jail. If not for his tweet then for the whole "tipster" shtick.

The guy is a fanny, trying to make out on Twitter it would’ve happened regardless.

Owner is an Airdrie fan and it’s a well known Airdrie boozer which away fans have had 0 issues with before.

He just needs to hold his hands up and admit he’s made a c**t of this one.