Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, johnoswald2712 said:

Already seems like he’d rather be anywhere other than managing Saints. If what I’m hearing is true he’s never at the stadium and pretty much leaves everything to Kirk. 

Honestly thought we’d hit a new low when Gordon was clearly hurt and they didn’t have anyone ready to come on but then Phillips gets hurt in second half and physio pretty much has to be persuaded to go on to tend to him. Whole club is a shambles from top to bottom. 

That's just not true about CL and his lack of being at the stadium!! Duff info

36 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Already seems like he’d rather be anywhere other than managing Saints. If what I’m hearing is true he’s never at the stadium and pretty much leaves everything to Kirk. 

Honestly thought we’d hit a new low when Gordon was clearly hurt and they didn’t have anyone ready to come on but then Phillips gets hurt in second half and physio pretty much has to be persuaded to go on to tend to him. Whole club is a shambles from top to bottom. 

The physio nonsense was horrendous. Did he just ignore the referee or was he instructed by Levein to continue across the pitch?

Phillips clearly made the point he didn't need treatment, the ref also used common sense to send the physio back off again. He stopped.... Looked to me like he turned round to go back off then changed his mind again. 

Looked like time "management" to me. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

43 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Is that a new physio we have? Real lack of communication. They had to defend 2 corners a defender down. Also Gordon could have stayed sitting down until someone was ready to go on, instead of wandering off. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

1 hour ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Kane and may were 100% fit today. Clark lucky if was 50%. Tells a story. No turner cooke there today either

I'd actually be ok with this, but why did we give Kane until the end of the season just a few weeks ago? To me it would've made sense to let Kane go at the end of his short term contract as it seems clear he either can't be bothered or his body (or maybe mind) isnt coping with the stresses of full time football any more. 

Jay Turner Cooke should've been out the door at the same time as Costelloe. He's just no where near the team and just taking up a wage and a squad place. 

I've seen folk on here and other platforms prattling on about getting tip six. It's time to get fucking real, we should be absolutely delighted if we finish 10th.  This squad needs some serious reshaping in the summer. The Kane thing is a mystery.  If he's fit and they don't want him in the team, why wasn't he allowed to go when his contract finished in January?  

Next week is fucking huge. We really need to win, but we absolutely must not lose.

It is a massive game next Saturday. Start of February and since about 4:45pm on Saturday 22 July, pushing 200 days by kick-off next week, our away goals...

Saturday 22 July: Ben McCrystal vs Alloa
Saturday 9 December: Bevis Mugabi (OG) vs Motherwell
Saturday 23 December: Nicky Clark vs Kilmarnock

11 hours ago, derektaylor84 said:

Is that a new physio we have? Real lack of communication. They had to defend 2 corners a defender down. Also Gordon could have stayed sitting down until someone was ready to go on, instead of wandering off. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

Gordon was down ages and we didn’t even have anyone close to ready. That’s the management’s fault.

You should have a sub warmed up and close to ready after a player has been down a while. If you don’t need him then he puts his tracksuit back on and sits back down.

To be fair to them, they had both Dare and Smith warming up after Gordon went down the first time.

Was obviously a discussion on a change of shape as supposed to just rushing and chucking another centre half on. Would rather they did that than just react and panic and chuck Dare on into a back 3.

2 hours ago, The Marly said:

I've seen folk on here and other platforms prattling on about getting tip six. It's time to get fucking real, we should be absolutely delighted if we finish 10th.  This squad needs some serious reshaping in the summer. The Kane thing is a mystery.  If he's fit and they don't want him in the team, why wasn't he allowed to go when his contract finished in January?  

Next week is fucking huge. We really need to win, but we absolutely must not lose.

Nonsense. Had VAR not shafted us vs Aberdeen, we'd have been 3 points off top 6, in what world is that a sign that top 6 is unachievable? As it stands, we are 5 points only off top 6.

I agree that 10th as a minimum would represent success vs where we were when Levein came in. If we thought Levein was defensive minded in last 2 games, it will seem nothing vs what we will see vs County. We will be set up solely not to conceed. 

We are a poor poor side compared to where we have been, but being saved by a poor poor league where the standard of our league has dropped remarkably in the last 2 years. 

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

Nonsense. Had VAR not shafted us vs Aberdeen, we'd have been 3 points off top 6, in what world is that a sign that top 6 is unachievable? As it stands, we are 5 points only off top 6.

I agree that 10th as a minimum would represent success vs where we were when Levein came in. If we thought Levein was defensive minded in last 2 games, it will seem nothing vs what we will see vs County. We will be set up solely not to conceed. 

We are a poor poor side compared to where we have been, but being saved by a poor poor league where the standard of our league has dropped remarkably in the last 2 years. 

I agree that the standard of the league has dropped dramatically. 

I disagree that this shower can achieve top six. It's easy to say it's only five points, we need to get them though. Unless we make two more very good signings.

Edited by The Marly

19 minutes ago, The Marly said:

I agree that the standard of the league has dropped dramatically. 

I disagree that this shower can achieve top six. It's easy to say it's only five points, we need to get them though. Unless we make two more very good signings.

If we take Levein at his word that he needs 2 more, then provided that they are not worse than we have, then I don't see why we cannot push for top 6. Coming out of the window, we will be stronger squad wise than we went into it. Those around us are probably going to be no stronger, (or weaker) than the start of the window.

What we really do need brought in is someone with genuine creativity and attacking intent. 

2 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Any idea what he does when he’s at the stadium? 

Trying to undo 3 years of ineptitude from Callum and Macca I would imagine.

Hampered by the incredible wages handed out by Callum. 

Yes it's awful to watch, but for us to be 9 points ahead of 12th place before he was appointed is bonkers. Not sure any of us saw that turnaround. 

Fair points concerning the overall situation but don’t think it’s a defence of the performances or formation/tactics employed under him. It genuinely looks like we’ve never played football before at times. 

13 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Fair points concerning the overall situation but don’t think it’s a defence of the performances or formation/tactics employed under him. It genuinely looks like we’ve never played football before at times. 

I’d argue we look more organised and have a better idea of what we’re doing now than we have had for around 2 years.