Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

During all our financial issues Sainties fans have continually held the Dundee supporters culpable, that we somehow looked the other way because we were desperate for success.

By this logic you should be up at the McDiarmid with your pitchforks demanding answers.

If anyone thinks Geoff Brown is going to leave a single penny behind that the new owners could asset strip they are totally deluded. He will take the lot, shirt, simmet and drawers, and you can easily see how he would think he's entitled to.

This shows up your complete lack of knowledge of Saints tbh.

Brown has taken sod all out of the club. Snr and Jr both even paid their own way on European trips (that's those games abroad you get when you are successful, not a pokey friendly with Crystal Palace).

First admin, you could almost excuse you guys as it was all unknown and exciting. 2nd one is totally on you guys as fans.

As for the likely takeover at Saints, yes, it comes with risks, but the big difference is that we have an owner selling the club, that has been very successfully run over nearly 40 years, cash in bank and massive land value built up. He wouldn't risk any of that, especially as he isn't making anything from it. A new owner would literally need to change nothing and would make a profit from Saints given Harris has or will sort the one year of losses we have had.

Now off you pop and support you team in its very successful (relative to you guys) season and get all excited over your wee CGI stadium pre merger. 😀 

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Dundee have had more administrations than major trophies in the last 50 years. They have however formed the Deeagles so there is that. 

They’re excitable because they might finish above us for the first time in 15 (?) seasons. Understandable.

17 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

They’re excitable because they might finish above us for the first time in 15 (?) seasons. Understandable.

Aye 2007/08 the last time, finished above us by 2pts.

Then you have to go back to 2004/05, when they got relegated from the top flight while we were the division below.

On 20/02/2024 at 12:34, Theyellowbox said:

Out of interest, what is the price of Saints? Is it the £5-6m or is it the cash in bank, club and land value? If so, that's £20m plus. Given the residual is going to the community fund, it could be transformative for sport in Perth....

Is your day job filling out loan applications for the Trump organisation?

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Heard there's a documentary planned. "A Season of Deereams".

11 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

This shows up your complete lack of knowledge of Saints tbh.

Brown has taken sod all out of the club. Snr and Jr both even paid their own way on European trips (that's those games abroad you get when you are successful, not a pokey friendly with Crystal Palace).

First admin, you could almost excuse you guys as it was all unknown and exciting. 2nd one is totally on you guys as fans.

As for the likely takeover at Saints, yes, it comes with risks, but the big difference is that we have an owner selling the club, that has been very successfully run over nearly 40 years, cash in bank and massive land value built up. He wouldn't risk any of that, especially as he isn't making anything from it. A new owner would literally need to change nothing and would make a profit from Saints given Harris has or will sort the one year of losses we have had.

Now off you pop and support you team in its very successful (relative to you guys) season and get all excited over your wee CGI stadium pre merger. 😀 

They’ve made millions out of their relationship with Sainties. Millions. It’s pure delusion if you can’t accept that. Anyway it’s great that you’re all not bothered, I’m sure you can borrow our cans when the time arrives. 

8 hours ago, Kyle said:

Dundee have had more administrations than major trophies in the last 50 years. They have however formed the Deeagles so there is that. 

Same number of administrations as trips to Hampden in the last 20 years. 

8 hours ago, Fifespud said:

They’ve made millions out of their relationship with Sainties. Millions. It’s pure delusion if you can’t accept that. Anyway it’s great that you’re all not bothered, I’m sure you can borrow our cans when the time arrives. 

I still can't work out if hes at it or just the village idiot? 

It's always a fine line with folk like him though I suppose. 

This the weapon who returned his season ticket in protest before forcing his wife to hand him hers so he could still go to games? 

Disgraceful if so. 

11 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Well played, you've got everyone of these tedious chunts wound up like a coiled spring.😎

Thank you.

If you could build a new stadium, where would you put it, and how would it look?

I think ideally, from a fans perspective, it would be smaller and more enclosed? But i guess an owners would want to keep a larger main stand so the suites etc., would make money.

For me Eibars stadium feels the best fit? Just over 8000 seats, but also looks big enough that you could stuff inside the stands. Make it standing behind a goal too. Looks fairly "tight" too, so could end up a better atmosphere. Think even half full its small enough in terms of depth that it would feel fuller.

c6a55bf6-61e9-4fc1-9fa7-885170aa18d0.thumb.jpeg.bac5321aaa8d63620e1a120c8ff5048e.jpeg

Personally id like to keep it in the same place, tbh. Know it wouldnt be possible without selling the stadium/land to fund a new stadium though. I just think an ambitious owner could use this land....

Screenshot_20240222_182944_Maps.thumb.jpg.bdeca151a3208d9ab93937bd65276d31.jpg

... to have a proper indoor training facility which has a bigger gym and maybe a pitch, that could be rented out alongside the astro. Could also build a proper supporters hub. Could then make the Muirton Suite away fans only with the new hub hosting home fans, or the other way. Not sure we'll get another plot anywhere that has all that in one place.

Pie in the sky stuff though. Itll be a shitey lego build like St Mirrens in Methven.

Edited by RandomGuy.

McDiarmid is all I’ve ever known but holds absolute no sentiment for me, hopefully moving is something the new owners would fancy, it was spoken about again on the courier podcast so hopefully Geoffs bringing it up to his new pals.

I’d go even smaller, 6500-7000, it would be a wee Lego dome like every new stadium so keep the same seat colours for a laugh. On location, who knows? How much land would actually be required. 

For me, build an 8k stadium with corners filled in. Best place to build it would be the old railway sidings between Tulloch works and Dunkeld Road. Not likely to have houses able to be built there, so land would be cheaper. Also right on a rail like, so can stick a small platform there too. Small bit of trivia here, Saints actually used to have a station for muitron Park a few hundred yards along. Can still see the briked up entrance on the bridge between rigs Road roundabout and Dunkeld Road roundabout.

Site would be walkable to town, multiple entrances and leaves room for car park too.

Depending on cost, if club was really ambitious, you'd build an 8k indoor stadium. Could double up as an events venue and would allow for more use all year round. Downside would mean probably an artificial pitch.

What I do think is 'realistic' is a new owner lookimg at McD and thinking for not a massive cost, you could re clad it, replace seats and increase the catering facilities. Quicker turnover at pie stalls means more spend. Personally, I'd remove the turnstiles in the east and stick blocks where the security bit currently is. Would mean they could use the space behind the stand for retail on match days. 

I’d commandeer the southern half of the Lesser South Inch to build a new stadium. Right in the town, close to the bus and train stations, suddenly we become a brilliant away day being just a short walk from the centre and transport. And much better for home fans too.

Id base the design off the crazy looking Bursaspor stadium that looks like it had an alligator wrapped round it, aiming for approximately 8,000 capacity.

May I present the May 17 Memorial Thunderdome:

C80AA215-DCD6-437E-B9FF-297269290CA8.jpeg.10b5122d0105950a946dcd6b2d004f4e.jpeg

Edited by Jamie_B

Build it on Moncrieffe island, away end only accessible by boat, similar to Venezia (or possibly a.n.other Venice team). Reopen Princes’ street station, add in a couple of pedestrian bridges that link with S.Inch for Bus/Train Station in town and the planned Walnut Grove P&R. 

I have visited Rotherham Uniteds New York stadium a couple of times and thought it would be great for Saints to have something like it. Stands close to the pitch and corners filled in. That has 12,000 capacity, so 8,000 for Saints would be fine.IMG_8231.thumb.jpeg.d10b8954c3692ce4c4db3b863b979dec.jpegIMG_8230.thumb.jpeg.e8e47da5a7ede03b771c4d1390ca214a.jpeg