Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Broughty said:

Not going well in Dingwall.

Who knew that pressing high against the dogshit CBs in this league could lead to goals?

14 minutes ago, Broughty said:

Not going well in Dingwall.

Can only assume Gogic was shocked to have an opposition striker being within 10 yards of him after Saturday 

6 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Will gladly take it, but it feels we have been so lucky with results of the teams around us for months. Just hope it lasts…

Think I’m gonna put a good amount on Livingston tonight (and Saturday) now you’ve said that 

17 minutes ago, Saint DBL said:

Got to laugh at Queens Park scoring just about as many home goals in one night as we did in the full 20/21 season. 

Theyre just 7pts off the play offs now.

Being relegated by Callum Davidson, with Cillian Sheridan scoring the winner. Feels fitting somehow.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theyre just 7pts off the play offs now.

Being relegated by Callum Davidson, with Cillian Sheridan scoring the winner. Feels fitting somehow.

I can get onboard with that for the sheer laughs. 

Much more like it. 

I don't expect miracles but I'd be more than willing to go and watch that team on a Wednesday night in Aberdeen if the effort shown tonight is the benchmark like you'd get from the Tommy Wright teams - you knew you'd never leave a game feeling let down by the commitment, fight and organisation. As after recent performances I definitely wasn't willing to even contemplate heading up there this week.

You won't always win of course but if you compete like that you'll give yourself a chance and at least give supporters something to be positive about!

If they can match that on Saturday, especially with an early goal Livi will struggle. Will they be able to produce similar though?

I think Random Guy pointed this out Saturday but who knew having a proper holding player in front of the back three would allow the back three to do what they do best.  Someone protecting them properly especially in front of Gordon stopped him being dragged out of position so easily when he feels he needs to step out.

Carey has something to offer but it's not in front of the back three. Its further forward. 

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Much more like it. 

I don't expect miracles but I'd be more than willing to go and watch that team on a Wednesday night in Aberdeen if the effort shown tonight is the benchmark like you'd get from the Tommy Wright teams - you knew you'd never leave a game feeling let down by the commitment, fight and organisation. As after recent performances I definitely wasn't willing to even contemplate heading up there this week.

You won't always win of course but if you compete like that you'll give yourself a chance and at least give supporters something to be positive about!

If they can match that on Saturday, especially with an early goal Livi will struggle. Will they be able to produce similar though?

I think Random Guy pointed this out Saturday but who knew having a proper holding player in front of the back three would allow the back three to do what they do best.  Someone protecting them properly especially in front of Gordon stopped him being dragged out of position so easily when he feels he needs to step out.

Carey has something to offer but it's not in front of the back three. Its further forward. 

This much has been obvious since the Ross County win and yet he keeps getting played deep. Baffling!

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

Robinson back to his best when he’s played as a traditional full back rather than a wing back? Well I never. Liam Gordon was immense too. 

This. We'll get caught out sometimes but you need to have confidence in the players to do their jobs. Play them in their correct positions and if they're not good enough replace them.

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Much more like it. 

We played a back 4,but the whole midfield protected them pretty well 

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

A win on Saturday whilst Kilmarnock take care of Dundee leaves us only two points behind the Dens Galacticos, setting up a blockbuster clash at McDiarmid. The natural order will be restored on the 30th March.

We’ve been here before. Let’s just hope we can quietly amass points to climb the league over the next month and see where it takes us.

If we do manage to go above certain teams whose fanbases have been all over us this year then the greatest gloatfest of all time can commence.

But Saturday is huge. Got to show we can string together a couple of performances and results, and that last night wasn’t just a flash in the pan.

That was a confidence boosting result, and not once did I see us happy to sit back and play for the 1-0 lead or draw. Perhaps somethings finally gotten into Mr. Leveins thick head. 

Play with intensity like that we’ll be fine. 

vaberdeen.thumb.png.3e4a238422466afe82342faf364a655a.png

Arrows only show passes that successfully happened 3+ times, so sure looks like (if my codes right which it kind of feels right?) Our CBs didnt waste any time passing it back and forward between each other.

Edited by RandomGuy.