Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I didn’t think Carey could have any complaints about being dropped for the Aberdeen game. He is our most creative player but hadn’t produced anything of note for a while, whether playing deeper or further forward.

But fair play to him, he didn’t spit the dummy, just came in and made a positive impact v Livingston, which is exactly the reaction you want to see.

Must be in the reckoning for a start next game, though it being away at Celtic might mean we set up a bit more cautiously.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

But fair play to him, he didn’t spit the dummy, just came in and made a positive impact v Livingston, which is exactly the reaction you want to see.

I imagine he'll recognise he hadn't made much of an impact lately as well and just took it on the chin. Bit of rest for him as well even if he doesn't feel he needs it.

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

it being away at Celtic might mean we set up a bit more cautiously.

Why though?

More of the same imo. Either that or change Clark to Adama and punt balls long and try and use their speed, which could of course be nullified by Carter Vickers so get Kimpioka on Scales, the boys dugmeat. Get fucking into them.

11 minutes ago, DavidReid01 said:

Eh?

Stan tweeted on Sat night that we have a good squad and at the end of the day a point was ok against a "difficult" side. 

I'm expecting/hoping that the majority of the out of contract players are launched in the summer ASAP because we are far, far from a good squad.

2 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Stan tweeted on Sat night that we have a good squad and at the end of the day a point was ok against a "difficult" side. 

I'm expecting/hoping that the majority of the out of contract players are launched in the summer ASAP because we are far, far from a good squad.

To be fair, he can't really say much else. He cannot really come out and slam the quality of the squad when they are still in a relegation battle. Also, with prospective owners in the wings, wouldn't look great if current CEO basically says we are sh!te.

I'd be amazed if some of the current squad get new contract offers.

Provided we are, as soon as we are mathematically safe, contracts will get offered and I'm pretty sure the new owner(s) will be confirmed. Whether the like of Phillips will sign is another matter, but nothing will happen pre that. Little risk as there isn't many you'd be gutted to lose tbh. 

Rightly or wrongly i think Gordon, McGowan, Phillips, Wright, and Carey, will all be offered new deals. Probably Taylor Steven if Levein knows hes our player, and Chris Kane too.

Phillips will leave, rest would renew, and dont know about Kane.

Squad would likely be...

GK: Mitov, Sinclair

DEF: Keltjens, Olufunwa, Gordon, McGowan

MID: Sprangler, M. Smith, C. Smith, Kucheriavyi, Carey, Franczak, Wright

ATT: Clark, Kimpioka, Sidibeh, May, Steven

Not ideal and not the gutting i think most want, but leaves room to bring in better defenders, another deeper CM, and another winger depending on how they see Max and Franczak by that point.

19 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

To be fair, he can't really say much else. He cannot really come out and slam the quality of the squad when they are still in a relegation battle. Also, with prospective owners in the wings, wouldn't look great if current CEO basically says we are sh!te.

I'd be amazed if some of the current squad get new contract offers.

Provided we are, as soon as we are mathematically safe, contracts will get offered and I'm pretty sure the new owner(s) will be confirmed. Whether the like of Phillips will sign is another matter, but nothing will happen pre that. Little risk as there isn't many you'd be gutted to lose tbh. 

He also doesn't need to say anything. The responses he got weren't exactly agreeing 😂

7 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Be surprised if Drey Wright stays. Have heard him and Levein don’t get on. 

How sure are you that's actually true? They've probably barely spoken, based on Drey's comments when he was on Saints TV against St. mirren

He mentioned how he'd not been at the training ground much at all. I believe he'd said it in a conversation when asked about the January signings in training. Think he said he'd never seen them train as well!

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rightly or wrongly i think Gordon, McGowan, Phillips, Wright, and Carey, will all be offered new deals. Probably Taylor Steven if Levein knows hes our player, and Chris Kane too.

Phillips will leave, rest would renew, and dont know about Kane.

Squad would likely be...

GK: Mitov, Sinclair

DEF: Keltjens, Olufunwa, Gordon, McGowan

MID: Sprangler, M. Smith, C. Smith, Kucheriavyi, Carey, Franczak, Wright

ATT: Clark, Kimpioka, Sidibeh, May, Steven

Not ideal and not the gutting i think most want, but leaves room to bring in better defenders, another deeper CM, and another winger depending on how they see Max and Franczak by that point.

Genuinely wouldn't be sorry to see any of those mentioned go. 

Maybe Gordon for sentimental reasons and McGowan because he's actually ok but then there's a risk his legs go mid season.

6 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Genuinely wouldn't be sorry to see any of those mentioned go. 

Maybe Gordon for sentimental reasons and McGowan because he's actually ok but then there's a risk his legs go mid season.

Aye theres an argument against them all, to varying degrees, i just think theyll be wary about trying to sign the majority of a squad two summers in a row.

I think Gordons a NAP to stay, then itll be  a choice of one of McGowan or Considine and theres an obvious winner there.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye theres an argument against them all, to varying degrees, i just think theyll be wary about trying to sign the majority of a squad two summers in a row.

I think Gordons a NAP to stay, then itll be  a choice of one of McGowan or Considine and theres an obvious winner there.

If Considine can't see himself that he's done then someone needs to have a quiet word. He's prolonged his top flight career by an additional two seasons but now's the time for a dose of reality.

Edited by The Saintee

9 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

If Considine can't see himself that he's done then someone needs to have a quiet word. He's prolonged his top flight career by an additional two seasons but now's the time for a dose of reality.

I think when you saw his face and body language after his couple of mistakes vs Livi, he knows he is done and I'd be amazed if he isn't retired or drops divisions in the summer. 

4 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I think when you saw his face and body language after his couple of mistakes vs Livi, he knows he is done and I'd be amazed if he isn't retired or drops divisions in the summer. 

Hope so.

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would like Taylor Steven to stay, as well as Phillips. Maybe Carey but that's it.