Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

27 minutes ago, Radford said:

But don't say anything. He chose to tweet about the Livingston game and our good squad. I'm not sure what was to be gained from it.

Aye that's fair, I'd guess it was just meant as some sort of morale booster to the squad but came off the wrong way. He should probably stick to tweeting after good results.

5 hours ago, Muirton Saint said:

Aye that's fair, I'd guess it was just meant as some sort of morale booster to the squad but came off the wrong way. He should probably stick to tweeting after good results.

Probably not his place to comment on how good or bad the squad is either way. However, have to keep in mind that we have new owners waiting to come in and he will be wanting to make sure there is not too much negativity around the current squad.

The more the silence goes on re the new owners, the more I think that they seem genuinely interested, but also more or less confirms to me thst any sale is dependent on us staying in the top flight. 

23 hours ago, tree house tam said:

^^^  See those last few posts? That's Saints core support saying it. It shows how much of a mess it's all been. There's just nothing coming out of the club to get you excited. 

Too many nothing footballers, nearly men getting paid fortunes for f**k all return. The management team on and off the park need to get their fingers out. Provide a galvanising spark, because at the moment there's f**k all, nada, zilch, zero redeeming features about the club and they're sleepwalking into serious trouble.

Supported Saints since 70s

Seen some crap much worse than these days especially consecutive relegations

Not  been to many games recently due to health reasons

But was at Parkhead on Saturday

Apart from finance and health not much stops me wanting to go

Through Shite and muck 

SJFC 

GI9hF3QaAAA_Grs.thumb.jpeg.da5724c1dd576a022acd94cd367f072e.jpeg

This guys usually pretty good with these, which is worrying. 

Almost every model I've seen suggests we're one of, if not the, worst sides in the league this season and the run of form after Levein joined was very much a blip.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

GI9hF3QaAAA_Grs.thumb.jpeg.da5724c1dd576a022acd94cd367f072e.jpeg

This guys usually pretty good with these, which is worrying. 

Almost every model I've seen suggests we're one of, if not the, worst sides in the league this season and the run of form after Levein joined was very much a blip.

Don’t need a model to know that, I’ve got eyes! 😂

18 minutes ago, Costanza said:

So they are basically predicting the table will finish exactly as it is just now other than the top two positions? How illuminating. 

They've been predicting us to finish down there since December, when we were 8th and folk were dreaming of the top half. It's not perfect but as a marker it's pretty good for telling you where you are in the noise around actual results.

GBkZ1lwakAAq8KQ.thumb.jpeg.358462a6e33b8f4327acc4f944869e4f.jpeg

Surely that demonstrates how way off their December prediction was though?  Hearts have four more points with eight games to go than that was predicting in total. Am sure Livingston would take their 37 points prediction as well.

37 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Surely that demonstrates how way off their December prediction was though?  Hearts have four more points with eight games to go than that was predicting in total. Am sure Livingston would take their 37 points prediction as well.

Only if you're looking at it as being exact, which is impossible. The points tally is more about helping group teams together than being an exact expected points tally. Fairly sure they guy himself has said it takes until the winter break to be worthwhile looking at.

It's been grouping us with Ross County for a while now, even when we were looking upwards.

At times he's been about the only one that's been remotely entertaining. 

Although does have a habit of doing really well, beating a man or two and then kicking a 10 yard pass 10 yards wide of his intended target. 

No shock to anyone that he wasn't planning on staying though. 

17 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Levein in The Courier confirming that Dan Phillips will be leaving.

Not fussed personally.

At least we get compensation for him and according to the article he's heading to England or abroad so we dont have to worry about facing him. He's a talented player of that there is no doubt but he's still raw and lacks the finished article to his ball-winning/retention.