Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

It doesn't seem like it should be that hard for him. I few rousing interviews and a heartfelt please to get the fans behind the team.

This is where I’m at. It should be easy to say something along the lines of “we know we’re in a battle, we’ve got to stick together and really need the fans to back the team as much as they can for the final few matches so we can get the wins we need.” Or the like, but it’s as if he just can’t be arsed.

28 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Would be more appropriate if they just announced all the players who didn't win it.

If we can take it that those not mentioned are also no longer with the club, that would be lovely thanks. 

Posted (edited)

Due to health* reasons I'll not get to see any more games in person this season. Thank f**k and cheerybye Levein and 90% of that pish squad.

*I'm not dying , well I am but aren't we all? I'm off to sunnier climes and will watch on from afar. If I can be bothered.

Edited by tree house tam

19 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Surely player of the year can only be someone like Taylor Steven or Mhylchreest (although no idea if that's ever done). 

Would be insane to give it to anyone playing in Perth. 

Goalkeepers are players too!

Not sure making a change now would make a difference.

Feels like some fans have never given Levein a chance from day 1 & they have been proven right.

I see Hercules won their league today. f**k knows what level they'll be at now, maybe Radford could enlighten us. Time to reignite our 'partnership', surely be some decent players we could swap for next season?

31 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I see Hercules won their league today. f**k knows what level they'll be at now, maybe Radford could enlighten us. Time to reignite our 'partnership', surely be some decent players we could swap for next season?

Steve's probably volunteering to head there to do some golfing....I mean scouting. 

Posted (edited)

Maybe I'm just a miserable old b*****d, but am I the only one that finds the Hercules and Eskisehirspor stuff cringy?

Edited by nelsjfc

2 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Maybe I'm just a miserable old b*****d, but am I the only one that finds the Hercules and Eskisehirspor stuff cringy?

Of course it is. It's as much of a cringe when you 'support' an English team too. Having some sort of beneficial tie between clubs for players/coaches/facilities not so much.

17 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Maybe I'm just a miserable old b*****d, but am I the only one that finds the Hercules and Eskisehirspor stuff cringy?

The EsEs stuff was cringe 10 years ago, never mind now. 

I see Eskisehirspor are currently in the 5th tier of Turkish football now.

So in the ~12 years since we met in Europe they've been relegated 4 times, had 13+ managers, and not been allowed to sign anyone for 3-4 years due to their debts forcing a transfer embargo.

Their fans also burned their stadium to the ground.

Honestly it's nice to keep the "partnership" going simply to remind us how much worse things could get.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Well it looks like we'll be waving a big double-winning cheerio to the Tory-voting fermers of Perth.

Craig Levein, eh ? The best possible appointment for Ross County. 

3F28B21A-1D84-4563-81B2-A6013E480B53.gif

Edited by Lanky Highlander

48 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

So in the ~12 years since we met in Europe they've been relegated 4 times, had 13+ managers, and not been allowed to sign anyone for 3-4 years due to their debts forcing a transfer embargo.

Honestly it's nice to keep the "partnership" going simply to remind us how much worse things could get.

Or perhaps what the fans could do next?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was there ever anything formal other than Boards hosting each other, and us having a black and red away kit, with Eskispor?

33 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

Was there ever anything formal other than Boards hosting each other, and us having a black and red away kit, with Eskispor?

I dont think so, luckily for us 😅

FWIW we're now clear as the worst side defending set plays in the league xG conceded wise.

Screenshot2024-05-05203327.thumb.png.914b8eb0ec82698260cd54646e07c1ce.png

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW we're now clear as the worst side defending set plays in the league xG conceded wise.

Screenshot2024-05-05203327.thumb.png.914b8eb0ec82698260cd54646e07c1ce.png

Not a surprise. Chuck in enough high balls and sooner or later the CBs will make a mistake, be out jumped or be out fought.