Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Scott Burns reporting Aberdeen have bid for Mitov, and he has a "six figure release clause", likely the rumoured £300k?

Looks like we're about to lose Mitov - Aberdeen keen and seems about to trigger the release clause if they haven't already. 

Huge blow for us. 

9 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Is Mitov any good?

Good isnt the adjective I'd use.

Just now, perthsaint1977 said:

Not even close to the correct figure. A lot lower

Oh god.

Posted (edited)

Regardless, we wouldn't have got him without that being written into the contract and without him we'd have gone down. 

A really terrific signing, I'd struggle to think of a more impactful one season wonder in my time watching Saints. 

Edited by Kyle

Just now, Kyle said:

Regardless, we wouldn't have got him without that being written into the contract and without him we'd have gone down. 

A really terrific signing, I'd struggle to think of a more impactful one season wonder in my time watching Saints. 

100% this. He only come here due to the release clause. I'd imagine there will be a % clause inserted for any future moves. 

Great player and hopefully we can unearth another good GK. Been very lucky over the years in this area of recruitment 

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Saints maybe better asking for a lower fee with a sell on?

I get it all, but a really huge blow I just hope an English club comes in for him. Much worse for us if he goes to another sottish club. 

When stories like this tend to come out though the deals as good as done.