Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I'm okay with it, really.

At least it's clear he's not up to it just now so is out to develop. It's the shite we've signed who are apparently seen as regulars that I'm confused about.

46 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Signing a player for a year to immediately sent out on loan is really helpful when we are already at full capacity. 

Best of luck to the boy, here's hoping he's the second coming of Josh McPake. 

It's a punt on a youngster and similar to some that have been successful over the years. Wouldn't believe all that Levein says about budgets either.

I honestly wonder if the talk of budgets is because some clubs/players we’ve been negotiating with have heard we’ve got new owners and are assuming we’re particularly flush and asking for more than they would in normal circumstances.

We've signed Makenzie Kirk from Hearts for a fee. A striker who scored 43 goals in 48 games in the Lowland league last season. 

Guessing this is Andy Kirk's son or is that just a coincidence? 

Have to laugh, young player with a very good strike rate in the lowland league and came through both Hearts and the Rangers academy.

Fans are in meltdown because it’s the Assistant Managers son. Jeezo.

Welcome Makenzie - sounds like a promising enough project signing.

Surely that's just a signing for your youth team or a signing who will be loaned back out immediately? Was with us last season and admittedly never really got a great chance but didn't look like threatening at all in L1 certainly didn't look Premiership bound. 

2 minutes ago, DavidReid01 said:

Have to laugh, young player with a very good strike rate in the lowland league and came through both Hearts and the Rangers academy.

Fans are in meltdown because it’s the Assistant Managers son. Jeezo.

Welcome Makenzie - sounds like a promising enough project signing.

We don't need project players. The midfield is an embarrassing mess for one thing.

1 minute ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Surely that's just a signing for your youth team or a signing who will be loaned back out immediately? Was with us last season and admittedly never really got a great chance but didn't look like threatening at all in L1 certainly didn't look Premiership bound. 

“His goals for Hearts speak for themselves and I’m sure he will bring that goal scoring quality to McDiarmid Park going forward.”

Sounds like first team.

Just now, Muirton Saint said:

“His goals for Hearts speak for themselves and I’m sure he will bring that goal scoring quality to McDiarmid Park going forward.”

Sounds like first team.

That's mental. Again he didn't really get a massive chance for us but didn't really offer anything in any of the games he did play for us.