Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Surely it’s Carey?

Yeah, think that would be fine in a 4-4-2. Let him concentrate on whipping crosses into the box. Our strongest lineup is a simple 4-4-2, there’s nothing wrong with it. We’d still have a clown shoes keeper and centre halves but the rest would be more or less fine. 

3 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

He was mentioned at Hibs game,by a director,so I think he’s been thought about 

I understand folk that think Murray’s comments should disqualify him from consideration but that doesn’t bother me as much as a managerial record that in no way justifies even the merest consideration for a job in the top flight. The guy has achieved hee haw as a manager 

51 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

I understand folk that think Murray’s comments should disqualify him from consideration but that doesn’t bother me as much as a managerial record that in no way justifies even the merest consideration for a job in the top flight. The guy has achieved hee haw as a manager 

Not disagreeing, but neither has Brown or Leven 

Not disappointed he won't be our manager tbh, but won't be great if all the public targets turn us down this week which feels like a worrying possibility. 

26 minutes ago, DunkeldRoad01 said:

Brown apparently pulled out of consideration for the job. 

Given Brown had been given permission to speak with Webb and following discussions, decided not to proceed, you wonder how much we are selling the appeal of this job, or otherwise. If anyone can talk the talk it is Webb.

Might be in a bit of a problem if the other publicly known shortlisted bosses do the same as Brown.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not disappointed he won't be our manager tbh, but won't be great if all the public targets turn us down this week which feels like a worrying possibility. 

Yeah I would agree with this. Hopefully it’s due to the fact that he wasn’t first choice rather than he wasn’t sold on the project at the club.

Edited by LarsGunnar Carlstrands Dog

Courier saying there was an initial batch of interviews, then a shortlist drawn up on Tuesday. Clubs been contacted about compensation costs and targets invited for another round of interviews, which is where we are and where Brown has pulled out.

I'm still convinced Tiernan Lynch is the main target tbh.

47 minutes ago, Nat King Goals said:

Given Brown had been given permission to speak with Webb and following discussions, decided not to proceed, you wonder how much we are selling the appeal of this job, or otherwise. If anyone can talk the talk it is Webb.

Might be in a bit of a problem if the other publicly known shortlisted bosses do the same as Brown.

Apparently someone impressed Webb more,that’s where Brown decided to withdraw,he wasn’t offered anything

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I know very little about him but have to say I am intrigued. Would appear to be absolutely no connection to the club so would be an entirely clean slate. Last time we did that was Lomas and that didn’t turn out too bad

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Courier saying there was an initial batch of interviews, then a shortlist drawn up on Tuesday. Clubs been contacted about compensation costs and targets invited for another round of interviews, which is where we are and where Brown has pulled out.

I’m wondering if Tommy suggested him,after saying he didn’t want it 🤷‍♂️

39 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Apparently someone impressed Webb more,that’s where Brown decided to withdraw,he wasn’t offered anything

That is reassuring in terms of this process not turning into a public circus.

The fact that the unnamed European candidate remains unnamed may suggest that he is the main candidate, but time will tell I guess.