Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

@RandomGuy.when is it these start to become reliable? November time?

Aye I'm sure he says November/December time for it to get more accurate. 

Assume our demolition by Celtic has dropped us a fair whack.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rae

Keltjens - Neilson - Cameron - Raymond

Smith - Holt

Wright - Franczak - Kimpioka

Sidibeh

Could genuinely see him playing that tbh.

The softest centre back pairing in our history. Pair of f**king wage thieves. 

6 minutes ago, Radford said:

"In previous jobs, Valakari has taken his time to see if he forms a good training ground relationship with the coaches already at the club.

It is thought that will be the case at McDiarmid Park as well."

200.gif?cid=ff874017fgp7239lzw7747xuy9mq

Sort of depends on who is the assistant and who is the coach. If he keeps set up as is, then wouldn't be for that, but Clelland as an assistant would mix it up a bit.

Kirk might want to hang around as a) its a job and others might be hard to come by and b) his boy is here. Equally, he might himself recognise that he was very much Leveins man and feel he needs to go. Keep in mind too that there would be a cost to tear up contracts. 

Hmmm… what’s the story here? Does Simo not have a capable assistant to bring with him?

Like most, I’d absolutely prefer a clean slate. If he is all for baws oot attacking football I can’t see where Kirk fits especially.

Wouldn’t fall out with Cleland staying for that famous continuity maybe but a little disconcerting if the guy is coming in to work with exactly the same guys round him as Levein.

Edited by Sh*teAndMuck

Would be a very inauspicious start to retain Kirk.

If Valakari has watched us play then he surely sees a side that looks poorly coached and badly drilled?

We know from Levein that this was largely the domain of Kirk.

Anyone with lingering support for the former manager was surely basing it around the recruitment of some exciting players. It most certainly wasn't because of the side he'd turned us into.

Kirk has to go.

The problem seems to be that Simo, unlike most managers, doesn't have a tried and trusted team and never really has at any club he's been at. That could be looked at a few ways tbh, red flags that he hasn't got any pals that go with him and he's seen as either mad or a loaner, it may also just be that he's moved countries a few times and circumstances mean that folk can't/won't move with him or that he's willing to give current coaches at clubs to develop around his style. Obviously hoping it's the latter.

As an outsider, I dont know the full script, though when Levein was appointed with Kirk by his side, my initial thoughts were that Levein was going to lead the way with Kirk eventually taking over (since he was managing before going to Perth). Leveins time has obviously ended prematurely, though was this ever the case?

13 minutes ago, smellthepaw said:

As an outsider, I dont know the full script, though when Levein was appointed with Kirk by his side, my initial thoughts were that Levein was going to lead the way with Kirk eventually taking over (since he was managing before going to Perth). Leveins time has obviously ended prematurely, though was this ever the case?

Never really confirmed

40 minutes ago, smellthepaw said:

What we have seen though is since Levein left the game plan has remained identical. 

I strongly suspected that Kirk was coming up with the tactical approach as he was certainly responsible for running and planning training etc. 

The fact that he stuck to it gives that theory some weight. There's also the fact that it's very unlikely Levein would try to implement a 5-3-2 with the wing backs occasionally inverting as part of his tactical approach😂

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe