Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, Theyellowbox said:

Any word on Simo's work permit?

Guess in the event it doesn't come through, he can still do everything bar maybe be in the dugout and 'officially' in the dressing room pre match and half time? 

Was in the Record yesterday "race against time" to get it ahead of Saturday so indicating he doesn't have it. 

I obviously don't know this for sure but it sounds like he's been kinda working anyway 🤣 been seen doing his shopping after training in Tesco in his Saints gear etc.

Just now, mizfit said:

Before anyone says anything. 

No, let’s not sign Shaun Rooney. 

Correct. 

St. Mirren playing a blinder getting him to mutually agree to terminate now. 

Just now, mizfit said:

So torn on this.

Aye, wait n see what actually happened. 

If he has rehabilitated/shown adequate remorse and ownership, then yes he deserves a 2nd chance.

I present Jody Morris as our next witness, your honour

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Totally agree. It's a hard no for me. Not until he has been to court etc.

Club has already messed up it's 'community' credentials with Cami. As much as on the pitch we could really do with Rooney, the baggage is just too much at moment. 

On 17/10/2024 at 11:31, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Don't know about the documentary but I've seen the girl who was working as part of the documentary filming inside the East Stand and Muirton Suite at recent games. 

I see that Ghostie was interviewed for the documentary yesterday, so it seems that any doubts were indeed premature. Thank goodness, as I think the storyline of the season will be quite riveting up until this point.

30 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I obviously don't know this for sure but it sounds like he's been kinda working anyway 🤣 been seen doing his shopping after training in Tesco in his Saints gear etc.

I'm going to grass him up.  

Does make you question the club a bit, tbh. It's obviously worse because of Brexit but nobody else seems to have problems to this extent with paperwork stuff.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Does make you question the club a bit, tbh. It's obviously worse because of Brexit but nobody else seems to have problems to this extent with paperwork stuff.

Easy to think like this but the whole employment situation for non UK staff is now a complete minefield. 

4 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Assuming new defender will not have his either 

I presume that'll be 3-4 weeks yet as well 🤷‍♂️ 

Don't know much about Simo or the process itself but he's at least lived and worked in the UK before legally so surely that stands in good stead for his to be quicker? 🤷‍♂️

Assume Valakari will have been low key working with the players over the international break regardless of work permit or not. Should have been able to get his ideas over in that time so they will know what he’s looking for. Don’t think it should make too much difference if he’s on the touch line or not - might actually do him good to get an overview and not be so close to it for his first few games. 

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Stunned that Gus Mac might be a bit slow at this type of thing.  Stunned. 

Just read an article about how it works. 

Apparently you've got to do 3 things. 

SFA first. Apply for a Governing Body Endorsement. £100 and that needs to happen before you apply for visas and work permits etc. 

According to that article that Governing Body Endorsement documentation is "extensive"

They then present that GBE to the home office. Get their approval.

The FIFA approval but not sure if that only applies to player transfers?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

A couple of seasons back, ourselves and Ayr both signed players where we had to wait months before they could appear due to paperwork. There definitely feels like a rule of one rule for some and another for the rest.