Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Have we? Other than rumours I'm not so sure about that one.

Did we not try and sign him, and Chris Maguire, one of the windows where we got Swanson late on?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sure the rules allow 4 domestic loans, only restriction is a maximum 1 per club from within your division, and 2 per club from clubs outwith your division. On that total number of 4, I can never remember if that's just the amount you're allowed at one time, or if that's the total amount you're allowed over the league season. Loans from other countries dont count towards that total as they're technically transfers.

Either way we'd be fine to loan a player from Aberdeen. I'm sure St Mirren, as an example, had Aberdeen, Hearts and Rangers loanees all at the same time last season.

Yes, but our loanees included Danny Rogers and Ryan Edwards, neither of whom counted on account of not actually being footballers.

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did we not try and sign him, and Chris Maguire, one of the windows where we got Swanson late on?

I dont think so but I remember you posting that some Aberdeen fans on Twitter were saying that we were interested in him.So that may be what you are thinking about 😁

3 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I dont think so but I remember you posting that some Aberdeen fans on Twitter were saying that we were interested in him.So that may be what you are thinking about 😁

Got the wrong time, was same window we signed George Williams. 

Screenshot_20200114-203136_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1f44612f02a2447f0804f940282464d4.jpg

I would bite Aberdeen's hand off for Wright. Big risk coming back after such an injury, but he'll be a player if he comes back and gets a decent crack of the whip. 

Reckon he just needs a club to settle down with and a bit of time to become a major figure at a club.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I would bite Aberdeen's hand off for Wright. Big risk coming back after such an injury, but he'll be a player if he comes back and gets a decent crack of the whip. 

Reckon he just needs a club to settle down with and a bit of time to become a major figure at a club.

I imagine there'll be a bit of a scramble for him in the Summer, as his time at Aberdeen will pretty much be up I imagine. Wouldn't think its likely he'll move now though, sure McInnes was quoted last week saying he'll struggle to play again this season.

He will pen a pre- contract in the coming days and McInnes will make moves to get him out of McDiarmid Park before Saturday’s Cup clash with Dumbarton.

Saints have vowed they won’t be pushed around, even though Kennedy has decided to move on, and will hold out for a decent fee or player swap deal.

4 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

Got a feeling that our absolute shambolic effort to sign Steive May in the Summer might reduce the goodwill from Aberdeen's side on this one

Maybe.  But I think it was more May's representative that was the issue.  once the clubs actually spoke to each other, things hapopened

St Johnstone winger Matty Kennedy has opted for a move to Aberdeen over Hearts. The 25-year-old will soon sign a pre-contract to joins the Dons in the summer, but manager Derek McInnes will try to get him on board before this weekend. (Sun)

Yeah there’s nobody in that Aberdeen team that they’d let go who would improve our squad. Anderson looks a decent player, but there’s literally no point in taking him on loan when we’ve got Hendry. If they’re willing to let him go on the other hand?

6 minutes ago, Widge said:

Yeah there’s nobody in that Aberdeen team that they’d let go who would improve our squad. Anderson looks a decent player, but there’s literally no point in taking him on loan when we’ve got Hendry. If they’re willing to let him go on the other hand?

Nah, no chance. Bruce would only be a loan.

I said earlier in the thread I don't think we have much to offer player wise so it'll be cash or nothing if Saints have any sense.