Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

59 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

£20k + Curtis Main should do the trick. 

57 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

OK, £25k and we'll remove Curtis.

Surely youd increase the money involved if we were getting Main?

34 minutes ago, Widge said:

Yeah there’s nobody in that Aberdeen team that they’d let go who would improve our squad. Anderson looks a decent player, but there’s literally no point in taking him on loan when we’ve got Hendry. If they’re willing to let him go on the other hand?

There are a couple of the younger players who we could offer on loan etc but you've already got enough in those positions. 

If Kennedy does go in Jan for a fee AND if we then do agree terms with the 2 ICT defenders should we use that money to bring them in Jan instead of waiting till EOS. 

I know there's quite a few if's in the question but allowing Kennedy to move on if a reasonable fee is involved to allow the other two to come in does make some sense particularly if were struggling to get rid of of the other players in the squad that we're actively trying to move on. 

Is it more of a risk losing Kennedy than keeping him and ending up with another prolonged period where Duffy has to play?

We'd be very much in trouble if we lose Ralston as well as one of the central defenders resulting in Vihmann and Duffy playing regularly in the back 4. Regardless of having Kennedy in the team if that was to happen I reckon if both of them were required to play a number of games we'd struggle to stay up. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

53 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

If Kennedy does go in Jan for a fee AND if we then do agree terms with the 2 ICT defenders should we use that money to bring them in Jan instead of waiting till EOS. 

I know there's quite a few if's in the question but allowing Kennedy to move on if a reasonable fee is involved to allow the other two to come in does make some sense particularly if were struggling to get rid of of the other players in the squad that we're actively trying to move on. 

Is it more of a risk losing Kennedy than keeping him and ending up with another prolonged period where Duffy has to play?

We'd be very much in trouble if we lose Ralston as well as one of the central defenders resulting in Vihmann and Duffy playing regularly in the back 4. Regardless of having Kennedy in the team if that was to happen I reckon if both of them were required to play a number of games we'd struggle to stay up. 

I don't think ICT would be happy if we were to try and take 2 of their first choice defenders when they are in a promotion race. Why waste the cash? Sign a high quality defender on loan till the end of the season then rebuild when all the contracts we need to end end.

20 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I don't think ICT would be happy if we were to try and take 2 of their first choice defenders when they are in a promotion race. Why waste the cash? Sign a high quality defender on loan till the end of the season then rebuild when all the contracts we need to end end.

They're making losses of over £850,000 a year and describing themselves as having "cash flow problem" at their own AGM in Dec and require £500,000 to plug that said cash flow gap. Would they be in a position to say no? I'm sure a ICT fan would be in a better position to answer that but if they need the money do they allow them to go in the summer for free or get money in now. 

Why waste the cash? We're not safe, taking the risk to continue with Duffy and co as a potential option is a risk thats already failed. To continue to do it would be a risk. The likelyhood of getting a top quality defender on loan is unlikely, its more likely to be a kid from down south who lacks experience akin to Duffy, although probably with significantly more ability.

As TW have continued to reiterate no one is coming unless Callahan etc leave, I presume that includes loans as well as wages is more the problem. if none of them leave then what? We just keep our fingers crossed Ralston, Kerr & Duffy stay fit? if Duffy and Vihmann were to have to play, lets say 8 games together I couldn't see us winning many and therefore ending up in big trouble, currently not scoring many and I simply cant see us keeping clean sheets with them two in the team. We all know neither have shown enough to be deemed good enough as of yet. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

He will pen a pre- contract in the coming days and McInnes will make moves to get him out of McDiarmid Park before Saturday’s Cup clash with Dumbarton.
Saints have vowed they won’t be pushed around, even though Kennedy has decided to move on, and will hold out for a decent fee or player swap deal.

Fuxake. I bought a ticket for a game v Morton.

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

They're making losses of over £850,000 a year and describing themselves as having "cash flow problem" at their own AGM in Dec and require £500,000 to plug that said cash flow gap. Would they be in a position to say no? I'm sure a ICT fan would be in a better position to answer that but if they need the money do they allow them to go in the summer for free or get money in now. 

Why waste the cash? We're not safe, taking the risk to continue with Duffy and co as a potential option is a risk thats already failed. To continue to do it would be a risk. The likelyhood of getting a top quality defender on loan is unlikely, its more likely to be a kid from down south who lacks experience akin to Duffy, although probably with significantly more ability.

As TW have continued to reiterate no one is coming unless Callahan etc leave, I presume that includes loans as well as wages is more the problem. if none of them leave then what? We just keep our fingers crossed Ralston, Kerr & Duffy stay fit? if Duffy and Vihmann were to have to play, lets say 8 games together I couldn't see us winning many and therefore ending up in big trouble, currently not scoring many and I simply cant see us keeping clean sheets with them two in the team. We all know neither have shown enough to be deemed good enough as of yet. 

Have faith, everything will be fine.

I'm still kidding myself that Matty will announce we're the only club he's ever wanted to play for, and signs up with us for another couple of years.

Realistically, if Aberdeen were to make a cash bid to take him now, what would be the minimum we'd look for?

I think Saints would be very tempted at £100,000.

Just in reference to the earlier chat, but County have just used cash money to sign Donaldson from ICT this month after agreeing a PCA with the player.

Could read that two ways, they're either willing to sell players this month, who agree moves away, or theyll now be totally unwilling to sell another two members of their backline this month.

6 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

That’s accies, st.mirren and county all made signings now and you’ve got to think Hearts can’t be any worse. Not looking good for us 

Are they stronger though?

Hamilton have lost their first choice goalkeeper, first choice centre back and their captain, and only signed a winger who completely bombed at Dundee last season.

St Mirren have lost their best CB and replaced him with a kid on loan from the English youth league, and a couple of players stepping up from the Irish leagues.

County do look like they're strengthening tbf.

Not sure what your point about Hearts is, their manager hasn't won a single one of his 5 games in charge, and they're still completely reliant on Naismith being injury free for the rest of the season. Hes not played that amount of consecutive games without injury in over 2 years.

Just under a week until our league season starts again though, really need something positive to happen before then.

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are they stronger though?

Hamilton have lost their first choice goalkeeper, first choice centre back and their captain, and only signed a winger who completely bombed at Dundee last season.

St Mirren have lost their best CB and replaced him with a kid on loan from the English youth league, and a couple of players stepping up from the Irish leagues.

County do look like they're strengthening tbf.

Not sure what your point about Hearts is, their manager hasn't won a single one of his 5 games in charge, and they're still completely reliant on Naismith being injury free for the rest of the season. Hes not played that amount of consecutive games without injury in over 2 years.

Just under a week until our league season starts again though, really need something positive to happen before then.

Hearts will have money to throw at it. Doesn’t guarantee success but that’s what I mean they can’t be any worse. 
we are 1 injury or suspension away from being fucked. 

the longer it takes Aberdeen to announce Kennedy the more I think he’ll be away this month. They were returning from Dubai yesterday so was expecting an announcement today

Just now, Dick Van Dyke said:

Hearts will have money to throw at it. Doesn’t guarantee success but that’s what I mean they can’t be any worse. 
we are 1 injury or suspension away from being fucked. 

the longer it takes Aberdeen to announce Kennedy the more I think he’ll be away this month. They were returning from Dubai yesterday so was expecting an announcement today

If they had money to throw at it, they'd have signed folk by now...

Agree with the last bit, imagine the next two days will see a lot of negotiating. I've genuinely no idea what the club do, and don't envy whoever makes that decision. Can see positives and negatives in every possible move.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If they had money to throw at it, they'd have signed folk by now...

Agree with the last bit, imagine the next two days will see a lot of negotiating. I've genuinely no idea what the club do, and don't envy whoever makes that decision. Can see positives and negatives in every possible move.

So if we don’t sign anyone and Kennedy stays. 
say Kennedy got injured and missed 5/6 I think we’d have plenty cover and would still back us to pick up a few positive results. I couldn’t  say the same if Kerr or Gordon were to be out for 5/6 games. I genuinely believe unless he does a major u turn and signs a new deal with us then he should go now so we can strengthen in the areas needed 

Can confirm from my own experience here, clubs in January are willing to let players go but they prefer to keep hold of them as long as possible in case of injuries - that's why we tend to see a flurry of signings in the last couple of days and I'd imagine Saints are no different.