Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Stop being dicks and just give us Kennedy, eh?

Devlin on loan, McLennan permanently and we'll talk. We lost last night without Kennedy too, so proper compensation now required plz.

5 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Why is no one saying O'Halloran is shit? Missing sitters regularly. Imagine May or Kane missed those chances  dogs abuse.

performances this season as a whole from him have been very average although recently he's not played very much but prior performances doesn't exactly justify him game time either. 

I was about to say the same. 

He gets in behind well enough and can beat players but his finishing is (or at least has been) woeful. Before last night he's missed absolute sitters. Admittedly they tend to be slightly differnent types of sitters than Kane (he likes to use his speed to get through to a 1 on 1 with the keeper and f**k it up). 

Hendry aside, it does seem to be a defining characteristic of our forwards that they can get into decent positions but simply cannot get the ball in the net. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

cartman GIF

I expect that he'll play on Saturday with a final decision early next week.

Him not playing last night was interesting. Expected him not to start because of the surface (true or not TW believes that astro=injury), but also think that in normal circumstances he would have been subbed on. Clearly there's still a good chance he'll move this window. 

Scott Burns is usually spot on so I assume he has. It's maybe hush hush at the moment because we're trying to get a deal done now?

If we get another decent centre half, I think we should give the 3-4-1-2 a try for a couple of games. We obviously lose a bit on the wings but it would give us plenty of cover in both defence and midfield as well as a partner for May up front.

Something like;

Clark

Kerr Gordon New signing(McCart?)

Wright McCann Davidson Tanser

MOH/Swanson/Kennedy

May Hendry

As the tree dwelling hippy mentioned earlier, you only create problems elsewhere by trying solve the ones currently in the team because the squad is a bit of a disjointed mess but this removes Anthony Ralston from sight and hopefully mind.

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Scott Burns is usually spot on so I assume he has. It's maybe hush hush at the moment because we're trying to get a deal done now?

If we get another decent centre half, I think we should give the 3-4-1-2 a try for a couple of games. We obviously lose a bit on the wings but it would give us plenty of cover in both defence and midfield as well as a partner for May up front.

Something like;

Clark

MOH/Swanson/Kennedy

May Hendry

As the tree dwelling hippy mentioned earlier, you only create problems elsewhere by trying solve the ones currently in the team because the squad is a bit of a disjointed mess but this removes Anthony Ralston from sight and hopefully mind.

I’m happy to try any formation that removes Ralston!  We need to try something, could count on one hand the genuinely good performances we’ve had this season using the current formation. 

16 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

I’m happy to try any formation that removes Ralston!  We need to try something, could count on one hand the genuinely good performances we’ve had this season using the current formation. 

Sort of. We've lost 2 goals in 8 games (yes I know, inferior opposition etc) ith the current back 4. Whether or not they've been 'good performances' is a debate but that's an excellent defensive record. 

Clark

MOH/Swanson/Kennedy

May Hendry

Happy to see that. Suspect that Booth could even play the left side CB. Don't think I'd be happy with anyone other than Kennedy starting the #10 role though. Let's face it it's not going to be Danny, for whatever reason it doesn't look like he's wearing a Saints kit again, and MOH isn't as effective in the middle, IMO. 

Whatever we do and whatever people think of Ralston, we desparately need cover in the wide right defensive area, whether we're playing a full-back or a wing-back system. 

I think the system we played away to County, then away to St Mirren (aye), is the best for us.

Swanson close to May central, then have Wright and MOH either side. 

Biggest issue is youd get swarmed in defensive midfield but the stronger defence might allow that to be workable.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They aren't, this is just a complete myth folk are peddling these days. They all pick and choose when to close down and when to drop, Kane and May do anyway, but people seem so stuck in this view about May they see what they need to see to confirm it.

That’s shite. Kane challenged and won more headers in his first 5 minutes on the park last night than May all game.

Mays better than Kane in many aspects but challenging for headers is definitely not one.

10 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

That’s shite. Kane challenged and won more headers in his first 5 minutes on the park last night than May all game.

Mays better than Kane in many aspects but challenging for headers is definitely not one.

Yes, well done to Kane for being able to jump.

Get him in the team. 

Kane also went into the stands to get the ball back more times in his wee spell last night than May has done in his entire career.

New contract pls.

Sky have put up a video from Wright’s post match interview last night. He confirms that we’re ‘very close’ to 2 pre contract signings (presumably Rooney and McCart) but there’s nothing imminent for this window. 

Club are apparently happy to sleepwalk towards relegation. 

16 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Sky have put up a video from Wright’s post match interview last night. He confirms that we’re ‘very close’ to 2 pre contract signings (presumably Rooney and McCart) but there’s nothing imminent for this window. 

Club are apparently happy to sleepwalk towards relegation. 

image.gif.5bc1fbc3ea122cabb41837e23f990fd5.gif

48 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Thank f**k most of these c***s contracts end this season.  Wherever we end up it'll be a better place than having to watch them "perform and entertain".

Agree. the amount of dead wood - for reasons of not being good enough, being past it and for falling out with the manager - is ridiculous. Thankfully they are all out of contract, except for Wallace Duffy.

I think I'll be having a look at the business the club does in the summer before renewing my season ticket for next season, regardless of where we end up come May. Going to McDiarmid Park, as a home supporter, has been a pretty grim experience for quite a while now and coming from from Glasgow its essentially my Saturday afternoon/early evening I'm giving up to do it. Can think of better, cheaper things to do with my Saturday if this continues.

Edited by Kyle

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Thank f**k most of these c***s contracts end this season.  Wherever we end up it'll be a better place than having to watch them "perform and entertain".

23 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Agree. the amount of dead wood - for reasons of not being good enough, being past it and for falling out with the manager - is ridiculous. Thankfully they are all out of contract, except for Wallace Duffy.

I think I'll be having a look at the business the club does in the summer before renewing my season ticket for next season, regardless of where we end up come May. Going to McDiarmid Park, as a home supporter, has been a pretty grim experience for quite a while now and coming from from Glasgow its essentially my Saturday afternoon/early evening I'm giving up to do it. Can think of better, cheaper things to do with my Saturday if this continues.

Sadly inclined to agree.  Theres a lot of grim viewing at our level, and losing our most entertaining player doesn't make it any more enticing.  Let's hope we can find someone entertaining or who can score hunners with the wages we're going to save now a lot of contracts are ending.

There's probably 6 or 7 teams in our league, including us, whose philosophy is get a goal ahead then shitfest your way to the points. Bearable when it works but does make you question it all after the likes of last night, and we've had a lot worse.  Kilmarnock is likely to be similar on Saturday going on most other matches against them.

Was good to see us at least throw the dice with the triple substitution and change of formation last night, even if it didn't pay off.

Edited by PauloPerth