Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Time will tell, don't know too much about the laddie but surely to f**k he's not worse than Wallace Duffy. 

If we had the option of keeping Danny and getting money for Kennedy or Keeping Matty till the end of the season and binning Danny, what would people prefer?

My thoughts are putting Danny in the side in place of Matty is a risk in the position we are at the moment. Keep Matty till the end of the season please. 

10 hours ago, Hendo said:

Not quite sure why you are excited about McCart and Rooney, probably championship standard defenders at best. We signed McCart on an emergency loan in our championship winning season and he ended up fourth choice, behind Jack Baird.

So your opinion on McCart is based on him playing three times, over two years ago, aged 20?

22 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Never heard of him. Is he a centre half and is he any good? Has he been in the ICT team or is this another Niall Keown type signing?

Left sided centre half. 

Had a good partnership with Coll Donaldson over the last season and a half.  Will be a sickener for Caley if they were to lose both players this month, with Donaldson already away to Ross County.

Edited by double deluxe

10 hours ago, Hendo said:

Not quite sure why you are excited about McCart and Rooney, probably championship standard defenders at best. We signed McCart on an emergency loan in our championship winning season and he ended up fourth choice, behind Jack Baird.

Since then he's played something in the region of 60 games (close to 2 seasons) of football, displaced our previous first choice CB pairing and cigared it in a team that finishes in the upper reaches of the Championship. Bizarre to think that, just because he didn't do much for you a few years ago, he should be written off.

Edited by RiG

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Left footed too.

Bring on the 3 at the back, silky football.

Kerr       Gordon     McCart

I do like the thought of that. I think TW will too as it'll allow him to have the 3 in in the middle of the park as well that he prefers.

Although Drey Wright's best stuff has been out wide for Saints and that shape doesn't suit him. I know Wright prefers to play centrally though. 

I'd try Wright as a wing back in that formation. He's decent enough defensively and I think would enjoy running from deeper. This season anyway - if we end up signing Rooney he'd almost certain displace him pretty quickly from there.

I'd try Wright as a wing back in that formation. He's decent enough defensively and I think would enjoy running from deeper. This season anyway - if we end up signing Rooney he'd almost certain displace him pretty quickly from there.

He’s played wingback before and I actually think the role would suit him. He can track up and down, you’re right about running from deep, that’s when he’s at his most dangerous with space to exploit in behind. The number of times Ralston delays the pace and the fullback is on top of him is quite high. Plus he’s have a centreback covering in behind him. One thing Kerr is decent at, is moving the ball quickly if there’s options. Unluckily for us, there usually isn’t any.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Left footed too.

Bring on the 3 at the back, silky football.

Kerr       Gordon     McCart

Not with average age of 22 years and McCart has had only a handful of games in the Premiership I think that back 3 would leak goals. 

5 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Time will tell, don't know too much about the laddie but surely to f**k he's not worse than Wallace Duffy. 

If we had the option of keeping Danny and getting money for Kennedy or Keeping Matty till the end of the season and binning Danny, what would people prefer?

My thoughts are putting Danny in the side in place of Matty is a risk in the position we are at the moment. Keep Matty till the end of the season please. 

We’ve had all this quality in wide areas the past 18 months, half sitting on the bench/ in the stand most of the time, possibly to the detriment of other areas  of the team.

So it just seems a bit mental that we could potentially lose Matty now, and the most obvious creative replacement would also be let go.

It all depends on where Danny’s at in terms of fitness and hunger still to play for Saints, as well as how much Kennedy wants to leave now. If Matty is desperate to go and Danny’s up for it, get upto £100k for Kennedy and keep Danny. If Kennedy still wants to finish the season with us then let’s keep him.

The manager will know the mindset of the two of them. 

13 hours ago, Hendo said:

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

While you've signed two boys from the Irish leagues. We signed one of the most prolific scorers in that league history and hes currently playing in the third tier...

Absolutely #Telt. 

Beautiful. 

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

2 of those CB have lost a fair amount of goals these last 6 or 7 games.....

Can't disagree we have been better at the back recently but going 3 at the back with McCart will leak goals

Can't disagree we have been better at the back recently but going 3 at the back with McCart will leak goals

Where do I get one of these magical time machines you clearly have?

Ok so Kennedy is good, and has a few precious assists, however for his skillset he is very frustrating to watch. As mentioned before he can try too hard and be greedy when frustrated which at Saints this season is most of the time.  With McCart coming and if Kennedy leaves, our squad is much more balanced.  Spoony, O,Halloran and Danny now have to stake their claim. They are all good enough.

49 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

It's absolute madness and folly to sign young defenders with potential.

Madness and folly!

Give me a bang average journeyman any day!

I'm not wanting to appear condescending but it's exactly the type of signing St Johnstone should be making. Better players from the league below who they feel can make the step up with potential to get better.

23 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm not wanting to appear condescending but it's exactly the type of signing St Johnstone should be making. Better players from the league below who they feel can make the step up with potential to get better.

Exactly. Like your soon to be winger. I’m glad we’re going down the road of signing young players and keeping a body of experienced players to help them develop.