Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

40 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

12 years ago today. Pretty sure Daniel Cousin scored the winning penalty, I remember being gutted by that.

Imagine we had progressed. Would have played QoS in a all 1st Division final!

Think Cousin scored in extra time with a penalty. An absolutely blatant dive to win the penalty I'd like to add.

Game went to penalties, down at our end (always confused me why we were at the complete opposite end of Hampden than in the previous season, I was naive and young), always remember Alan Main rolling up his sleeves before the penalties.

Looking back I wonder if he rolled up his sleeves because he'd written down the way the penalty takers usually went?

Edited by RandomGuy.

Think Cousin scored in extra time with a penalty. An absolutely blatant dive to win the penalty I'd like to add.
Game went to penalties, down at our end (always confused me why we were at the complete opposite end of Hampden than in the previous season, I was naive and young), always remember Alan Main rolling up his sleeves before the penalties.
Looking back I wonder if he rolled up his sleeves because he'd written down the way the penalty takers usually went?

There was a happy ending , the **** went bust.

Think that was a different semi then because the one in the video went to penalties. Savo and Jody missed their penalties.

Just now, jamamafegan said:

Think that was a different semi then because the one in the video went to penalties. Savo and Jody missed their penalties.

Nah, we only played 2 Semis then?

Celtic the season before, Hesselink dived for a pen, then Hardie equalised.

Then Rangers, took the lead then Cousin dived to get a penalty, lost on penalties. 

Dont think we returned to Hampden until that Semi against Motherwell?

Nah, we only played 2 Semis then?
Celtic the season before, Hesselink dived for a pen, then Hardie equalised.
Then Rangers, took the lead then Cousin dived to get a penalty, lost on penalties. 
Dont think we returned to Hampden until that Semi against Motherwell?

IMG_0581.jpg

We played Rangers again in the 2009 League Cup semi at Hampden, beaten 2-0.

3 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

IMG_0581.jpg

We played Rangers again in the 2009 League Cup semi at Hampden, beaten 2-0.

Aye I've, wrongly, remembered Cousin scoring the extra time penalty, when it was the winning penalty in the shoot out he scored. Think that's where I've confused this all.

I have absolutely no memory of the League Cup Semi. I can see it happened, but neither remember it ever happening, me being there, or even noticing the score. No idea how I've managed that.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Aye I've, wrongly, remembered Cousin scoring the extra time penalty, when it was the winning penalty in the shoot out he scored. Think that's where I've confused this all.
I have absolutely no memory of the League Cup Semi. I can see it happened, but neither remember it ever happening, me being there, or even noticing the score. No idea how I've managed that.

I’d forgotten it as well until recently, think it was during that strange stage where the league cup seemed to be slowly dying before life was breathed back into it.

I’d forgotten it as well until recently, think it was during that strange stage where the league cup seemed to be slowly dying before life was breathed back into it.

I didn’t go to it, not sure why. I must have not fancied our chances on a cold winters night having been pumped out by Hibs, Celtic and Rangers in previous semi finals. The only other semi final I’ve missed since 2007 was Hibs at Tynecastle in 2016 because I was in Australia.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

I'll pop in at yours later, not because you're trying to slag me, more because your banter is fucking horrific. 

Mind and keep your distance though, you old boys are the most vulnerable just now