Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Shaun Rooney got our POTY just to note. By far one of the best players in the Championship, to the pain of fans of other clubs in the league.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Shaun Rooney got our POTY just to note. By far one of the best players in the Championship, to the pain of fans of other clubs in the league.

I feel we've done very well out of you in the last two windows with McCart and now Rooney. Hopefully the latter has as big an impact as the former.

34 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Pretty random but I seen this earlier, thought I'd share. Wouldn't really make sense for a number of reasons. Screenshot_20200603-202634_Twitter.jpeg

Hope not, heard on Open goal he apparently manages like a PE teacher and according to a St Mirren fan I know he spent most of his time back in Ireland. Was always looking at his watch for his flight home. Would be a bit meh... if this happened 

52 minutes ago, Sconesaint said:

Hope not, heard on Open goal he apparently manages like a PE teacher and according to a St Mirren fan I know he spent most of his time back in Ireland. Was always looking at his watch for his flight home. Would be a bit meh... if this happened 

From the outside looking in Kearney was a disaster at St Mirren.

ETA - Before all the buddies jump on this I appreciate he picked up from an even bigger disaster with Stubbs but still.

Edited by Sortmeout

Half wondering if itll be the end of July until a new manager is appointed. 

EFL championship is starting up again and that's its end date.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Half wondering if itll be the end of July until a new manager is appointed. 

EFL championship is starting up again and that's its end date.

Really hope it is announced then, the rage among the banter boys along with weird and wonderful candidates crawling out the woodwork and media twats saying we are on the verge of admin will be glorious. 

As a Steward when the place opened that was the idea.
Out of interest I was sent this by another poster from here last week and this is how it should look.
100888369_666982833872756_9007354242930835456_n.thumb.jpg.d555ebc2dd560c16a540dcde2eba98b3.jpg

Oh that is beautiful. ‘St Johnstone FC’ needs to be bulked up by an extra row of two of seats though, one end needs to have the big white block letters ‘SJFC’ and the other end dedicated to a sponsor in white letters. And bobs your uncle.

I see rangers are back with another attempt at trying to get old firm colt teams into the league set up.

At the season ticket holders forum the day we signed Stevie May, as I remember it Steve Brown said he thought Colts teams in the league was a good thing, and he'd want Saints to try to get our Colts involved in the set up. Though how we'd be able to afford it I've no idea.

I can't stand the proposal.  What do folk here think? Would it bother you, and if so what would you be prepared to do if it looked like it was going through?

10 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I see rangers are back with another attempt at trying to get old firm colt teams into the league set up.

At the season ticket holders forum the day we signed Stevie May, as I remember it Steve Brown said he thought Colts teams in the league was a good thing, and he'd want Saints to try to get our Colts involved in the set up. Though how we'd be able to afford it I've no idea.

I can't stand the proposal.  What do folk here think? Would it bother you, and if so what would you be prepared to do if it looked like it was going through?

It's an awful idea, and I'd be disgusted if St Johnstone voted for it.

I highly doubt any Colt side we could afford would even bother the Lowland League relegation spots, never mind enhance League One/Two, so to have them parachuted into the league system ahead of clubs who earned it through the pyramid would be embarrassing.

Loaning young players out, into different environments and with different managers/team mates, is far more beneficial IMO.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

I detest the idea. Even parachuting the teams in in te way they are suggesting is unfair.  Them and Celtic into the league while anyone else who wants to has to go to the Highland or Lowland league?  What if Saints have the money to pay the bribe? They still have to go to the Highland League?  That’s without even thinking about it shitting all over the bottom three leagues and any other ambitious team in the pyramid. 

I would have to decide if I still want to bother with football at the senior level.  This whole reconstruction farce has pissed me right off. 

3 minutes ago, Bose said:

I would have to decide if I still want to bother with football at the senior level. 

This is how I feel as well.

It would be easy to feel it doesn't impact Saints as its the lower leagues, but with that mindset we could never complain about Rangers or Celtic getting decisions made to benefit them which might effect us negatively in future.  Folk who follow lower league clubs deserve support and protection from this kind of bribery and OF throwing their weight about.

I would seriously consider not renewing my season ticket if Saints voted for it.

There is minimal benefit to the development of talented young Scottish players, that's a cover as a means of convincing people to go along with it.  And I'm sceptical of any talk of it being a 'trial' or reviewed in a few seasons if clubs aren't happy.. once it's in, it's going to be hard to get rid of.

Its the most OF thing you could imagine; when clubs are struggling and desperate, pounce on them with a bribe to force through a change very few really want, as was made clear when this was discussed a year ago.  

I hope rangers are given a resounding f**k off over this..