Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18525528.steven-maclean-return-st-johnstone-hearts-exit-part-callum-davidsons-coaching-staff/ 

Given Kheredine's somewhat patchy record, this is probably a more reliable source for the Macnaisance. 

Hanging up his boots though - unacceptable - Davidson must go.

Edited by Kyle

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18525528.steven-maclean-return-st-johnstone-hearts-exit-part-callum-davidsons-coaching-staff/ 

Given Kheredine's somewhat patchy record, this is probably a more relabile source for the Macnaisance. 

Hanging up his boots though - unacceptable - Davidson must go.

Poor fourth officials.

Given what I said about thinking Davidson might be a little too pally and a "nice guy" in the dressing room, that's instantly solved by the perma-seething Macca!

Could be a match made in heaven that one, but my god that man is going to serve so many touchline bans. 

Is anyone feeling a bit meh about the appointment?  I’m not totally against it but it doesn’t excite me. Have a gut feeling it’s not going to work. I haven’t really wanted him as manager since it was talked about when he was assistant, can’t quite put my finger on why though 

He comes across as a bit of a bore but I hope he does well.

6 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Managers whose appointment didn't excite fans: Tommy Wright, Derek McInnes.

Managers whose appointment excited fans: John Connolly.

Connolly was the last appointment that filled me with dread. This forum was in its infancy but the QoS fans offered a good insight into why he wasn't right for us at all.

His coaching team were a big part of his success and he was coming without them but also, he'd used something like 90 players in just a few years at Palmerston, a lot from the north of England. His route to success had pretty much been if you fling enough shite. He'd had to kiss a lot of frogs to find his Steve Bowey or Peter Weatherson.

Remember the day in Dumfries when the fans were chanting his name and thinking this isn't going to end well.

Who did I want? Allan Preston of course...

Does that mean the end of Alan Maybury? I'd be surprised in current climate, also knowing our prudent ways us taking on an additional coaching staff member? 

Maybe he will stay though

Also: Seen the lad who does the photography Camera in hand heading into Mcd before 9 oclock this morning. Photos today, official announcement to follow?

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

1 hour ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Get your season tickets out now so I can buy 10 Saints. Touchline season tickets, that is. 😍

One for Catherine, keep a spare one for the wee man because we know he's going to be a Saint, then your one and the other 7 will be too wet to sit on :lol:

Steve Maclean as coach on the touchline at a time when there will be no crowd noise and we’ll hear every single shout over the microphone is an absolutely glorious prospect. 

If I don’t hear “f**k you Scott Brown you’re a fucking dick” within the first 10 minutes of our next match with Celtic, I will feel let down.