Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

On 18/11/2020 at 23:38, PauloPerth said:

He'll be the wee blond lad in centre midfield dancing around your journeymen workhorses this Saturday.

Though he may be rested following his meteoric rise to the top of international football this past week.

Didn’t happen 

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Didn’t happen 

Dunno what game you were watching, but he was head an shoulders above any other players on the pitch. The key component in that, being the only one of 22 players who could pass a ball to a teammate. 

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

Dunno what game you were watching, but he was head an shoulders above any other players on the pitch. The key component in that, being the only one of 22 players who could pass a ball to a teammate. 

I didn’t see any player in either team I would pick for my 5-a-side team

1 minute ago, ropy said:

I didn’t see any player in either team I would pick for my 5-a-side team

Ohhh check you out with the witty hyperbole. Just admit you’re wrong and that McCann was simply the best player on the park and even if Campbell played, it would still have been the case. 

5 minutes ago, Widge said:

Ohhh check you out with the witty hyperbole. Just admit you’re wrong and that McCann was simply the best player on the park and even if Campbell played, it would still have been the case. 

Sorry, wasn’t trying to be clever, I didn’t see much from either team in terms of individuals standing out

Courier reporting Celtic sent someone to watch McCann today.

Can't wait for the inevitable 3 weeks of made up press in December about how hes "always dreamed of playing for the club", followed by a bid of £50k+diddy on loan, and then another 3 weeks of "McCann FORCED to stay at Saints as they play HARDBALL over dream move" type shite.

Courier reporting Celtic sent someone to watch McCann today.
Can't wait for the inevitable 3 weeks of made up press in December about how hes "always dreamed of playing for the club", followed by a bid of £50k+diddy on loan, and then another 3 weeks of "McCann FORCED to stay at Saints as they play HARDBALL over dream move" type shite.

Followed with Lennon, if he’s not sacked whinging that they’ve made a reasonable offer and won’t return with another.

8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Those two teams from Glasgow should be the least appealing for any young players with ambition. Especially Ali who isn't the finished article yet. England or Abroad and to a team who will play him every week. 

Ali McCann was by far the best player on the park today, some of his play was just superb. We should have won but Motherwell defended well and a point each probably fair.

We just need goals.

6 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

West ham been monitoring him since last season btw

On 19/11/2020 at 01:28, RandomGuy. said:

McCann comes out as one the most efficient defensive midfielders in Europe, under 21.

More "successful defensive actions" than the likes of Declan Rice....

Clearly West Ham using the RG Scouting method to find an upgrade for their midfield.

Surprised there's no comment on the subs today, Kane in particular. I know that he's shown some form of late but the miss was 'classic Kane'. Also seemed that May had been done in for 15 minutes before he made the switch.

I was hoping for Melamed on for Spoony.

Guess that Davidson was thinking that Kane would be the better defensive option.

Anyway, it surprised me.