Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Fwiw, and I know it means little as pretty much all my shouts seem to be rancid and well below the level we end up looking at, but Connor Wood at Bradford was a Tanser replacement I thought of months ago. Not looked again to see how he's getting on etc.

Bit like McNamara but poorer on the ball/better 1v1 as he's rapid.

I think Scott has turned into a decent player and he’s had a good season. My issue is more that he’s slightly below St. Johnstone quality or, at best, he’s playing at the level expected of a St. Johnstone player.

I’d find it quite bemusing if he or his agent genuinely believes that he deserves a big move to a better club. If he’s leaving to be closer to his family, fair play to the boy.

Edited by The Real Saints

If there's any position you'd want to be looing for with the management team we have in place, it would be fullbacks. Davidson clearly has an eye for a fullback given he spotted McNamara's potential. He's also improved Rooney since the start of the season, so there's definitely some credit due there I'd say.

I like Tanser and he's a good player at this level, but he's not irreplaceable. I suspect he's been after a move down south for a while now to be closer to his family and for that reason I've got no issues with him going. He's not tried to force a move to another team and he's only looking out for his family (I assume) so I think most will wish him well. As others have said, I'm happy with how Booth is playing right now, we look more solid down that side and whilst we don't get in behind as much with him, he actually is better moving infield and leaving space for Spoony so it's all about adapting. 

In the summer you're looking for a goalkeeper, fullbacks x 2, midfielders x 2, probably a winger and at least strikers x 2. That's potentially 8 new players depending on who signs up again.

I've successfully created a program that can percentile rank every striker from 15/16 in the league against each other on a radar through simply selecting the players name and season, yet I've absolutely no idea how to turn it into an app so I'm now stuck with something that I'm proud of, that some people would enjoy using, yet its unlikely to ever be any more use than me just scrolling through players every so often out of boredom 😂

Sooner real life football is back the better FFS.

Nice to see some young players going out on loan.

Northcott to Forfar, and Denham to Edinburgh City, so far.

Still never seen confirmation on Ballantyne/Robertson going back out yet?

Nice to see some young players going out on loan.
Northcott to Forfar, and Denham to Edinburgh City, so far.
Still never seen confirmation on Ballantyne/Robertson going back out yet?
Davidson said in the Courier that Ballantyne and Ollie Hamilton would be going back to their previous loan clubs.

9 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Davidson said in the Courier that Ballantyne and Ollie Hamilton would be going back to their previous loan clubs.

Cheers 👍

Dundee starting with a hobbit at left back, and absolutely shat themselves at every set piece into the box.

Hopefully Rooney is fit for the Cup game.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee starting with a hobbit at left back, and absolutely shat themselves at every set piece into the box.

Hopefully Rooney is fit for the Cup game.

The same Rooney that the Dees on here mocked when we signed him? Yes, I hope the bold Sean is fit.