Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Him and Swanson were apparently both in the Main Stand for the game. Legend has it Gary McDonald was aswell, but you can't see him in any photos..

Definitely both there. Didn't notice McDonald though. No change there.

7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

We've got an ex striker called Coulson training with us apparently.

Gies the bad news.

I agree with Radford, and I think Saints fans have been a bit harsh on Coulson. He didn't feature much from the start, and then when he did get a run out off the bench there was possibly a lot of pressure on him to prove himself.

He didn't show much of note, though one game I saw him put in a couple of great crosses and that was about it, so he won't be missed.

We have had others like Adam Morgan a few years ago who just didn't look like a footballer at all, whereas I didn't feel that way with MC.  

Didnt look good enough for us, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be decent at championship level.

I realise that most Saints fans on here appear to completely disagree though!

Hendry will no doubt play plenty for the U20s but being 1997-born, he's technically too old for that squad as the cut-off for the Development League is 01/01/1998 for next season I believe. Which leaves you asking, what's the point? Soccerway and Transfermarkt show him as going on loan to Clitheroe (level 8 of the English pyramid) in 2015/16, then last season featuring mainly for Blackburn's U18s and not even their U23s, for whom he only played 27 minutes of football. 

I know you need a squad but it's more money away on a guy that'll never trouble the first team.

When Tommy inevitably starts moaning about not being able to get his gems because there's money in a few weeks time, I'm going to roll my eyes and laugh all at once. He wastes money on so many pointless signings and it always comes home to roost. 

He's genuinely like me on FM, sign rakes of folk with sort of good potential, then my keeper gets injured and I've nobody to cover and no money to spend.

Ron fucking Drewett.

3 hours ago, Radford said:

Hendry will no doubt play plenty for the U20s but being 1997-born, he's technically too old for that squad as the cut-off for the Development League is 01/01/1998 for next season I believe. Which leaves you asking, what's the point? Soccerway and Transfermarkt show him as going on loan to Clitheroe (level 8 of the English pyramid) in 2015/16, then last season featuring mainly for Blackburn's U18s and not even their U23s, for whom he only played 27 minutes of football. 

I know you need a squad but it's more money away on a guy that'll never trouble the first team.

He played for the first team yesterday. ;)

Looks like he's had a terrible time with leg injuries which have doubtless fucked his career. All in all it looks like a bit of a textbook Saints signing.

Any chance he's signed Tanser and Hendry purely because they have some form of ability, and can provide some form of cover, as he's spunking the entire budget on a left winger?

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

You're worse than Dundee fans, slagging guys you haven't even seen play.
Slagging off a manager who has done a brilliant job.

Tommy has a habit of signing youngsters from English clubs and then releasing them a couple of years later. 

I take it the Fife roaster has taken over as the thread's trying-too-hard-but-failing-miserably troll since the Aberdeen weirdo got banned. Come back Captain Sensible.

I take it the Fife roaster has taken over as the thread's trying-too-hard-but-failing-miserably troll since the Aberdeen weirdo got banned. Come back Captain Sensible.

Trying too hard and failing ^^^^

25 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Tommy has a habit of getting Saints into the top 6 every year.

We know Tommy's strengths, but it's a fair comment on his unstrategic approach to signings and the annual complaints about budget. From Coulson to Clive Smith, it's often hard to see the problems Tommy's addressing, while the major weaknesses (eg striker) go unaddressed.