Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Great watching your team in Foreign lands fifespud eh? I'm going. Fly out Wednesday. Can't wait.

If we qualified for Europe I'd definitely go to the away leg. Very exciting. But I have to say I'd lose interest in going to some European shitehole, watching my team getting pumped and running the gauntlet of facist thugs pretty quickly but whatever floats your boat.

Of course we have a derby to look forward to.

I missed out on Perugia and Vllaznia (Cbf checking the spelling so apologies if wrong) and took an attitude that it was only the beginning of our European ventures. Missing out on Perugia is the sore spot in following Dundee for me as a fan (At least in terms of things I have control over before anyone pipes up!)

12 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

A (proper) striker and a wide man ideally both with pace please.

Need it now, and they need to be good, seeing as letting Scobbie go was to help sign these attacking players. O'Halloran would be a start but I'm still hugely unconvinced we could afford him

Nice to see we're back to proclaiming Chris Kane as the answer to all our problems. You know what they say, the fifteenth times the charm..

Nice to see we're back to proclaiming Chris Kane as the answer to all our problems. You know what they say, the fifteenth times the charm..

Can't be worse than Cummins can he?

37 minutes ago, deej said:

Can't be worse than Cummins can he?

I've always thought that at least Cummins gets into the positions to miss - but there comes a point when you miss too many. But lets not exclude MacLean from criticism. He was anonymous until his pointless booking and if his job isn't to score, then it's at least to create; he hasn't been doing that well enough for a while now.

Kane, unfortunately, is looking like the only answer we have.

31 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

I've always thought that at least Cummins gets into the positions to miss - but there comes a point when you miss too many. But lets not exclude MacLean from criticism. He was anonymous until his pointless booking and if his job isn't to score, then it's at least to create; he hasn't been doing that well enough for a while now.

Tommy seems to let MacLean do whatever he wants. I hate it when he starts dropping deeper and deeper.

Maclean definitely not immune here, yesterday he needed to realise he didn't have to be involved in every attack, sometimes it would be better if he was in a more attacking position. Likewise, he doesn't have to take every throw in quickly when it literally always results in him out on the wing and nobody in the box.

Except when sometimes Cummins is in the box, in which case there might as well be nobody there.

I see Kane and Cummins at a similar level. Two guys who are alright as a third or fourth choice but not ideally who you want to rely on for the season. I'd hampers MacLean as well as he's at the best with a partner whom occupies center halves.