Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Radford said:

Scott Tanser has summer of 2004 written all over him. Not impressed by this bit of business.

Jesus. Let's hope he's not that bad. 

Makes losing scobbie all the harder to take as well. It's clear Wright had no kind of back up plan and he's signed the first one who appears to be able to kick a. All in a straight line. 

Edited by Kyle

Jesus. Let's hope he's not that bad. 

Makes losing scobbie all the harder to take as well. It's clear Wright had no kind of back up plan and he's signed the first one who appears to be able to kick a. All in a straight line. 

Tbf if he can kick in a straight line then he's an improvement on Scobbie

If Easton is fit, I don't imagine he'll ever play, so I'm not overly concerned. He's also a young guy with very little experience, he's not going to be on a huge wage at all. So he's a cheaper, possible worse Scobbie. No big deal really.

4 minutes ago, Widge said:

Tbf if he can kick in a straight line then he's an improvement on Scobbie

If Easton is fit, I don't imagine he'll ever play, so I'm not overly concerned. He's also a young guy with very little experience, he's not going to be on a huge wage at all. So he's a cheaper, possible worse Scobbie. No big deal really.

Scobbie has been a top 6 squad player for the past 5 years and was willing to take a pay cut to stay. Tanser has been chased out of his last two clubs for being garbage, and can't cover at centre back. He's a huge downgrade on Scobbie in terms of versatility and reliability and I doubt he's even much cheaper. 

I have sympathy for Wright in that he clearly anticipated Scobbie staying so wouldn't have been putting out the feelers for a left back but as a result this strikes you as a "he'll do" sort of deal.

Folk will use the defence of he's left back cover so does it really matter but as pointed out, he'll be moaning about budgets before you know it. I think his quotes about not wanting to play four right-footed players in defence are weak and, although with hindsight I'd definitely have liked to keep Scobbie now, I'd rather the plan was to just use Foster at left back when required and use one of the existing players on the right.

Was it always Tanser he was after? @perthsaint1977

I have sympathy for Wright in that he clearly anticipated Scobbie staying so wouldn't have been putting out the feelers for a left back but as a result this strikes you as a "he'll do" sort of deal.
Folk will use the defence of he's left back cover so does it really matter but as pointed out, he'll be moaning about budgets before you know it. I think his quotes about not wanting to play four right-footed players in defence are weak and, although with hindsight I'd definitely have liked to keep Scobbie now, I'd rather the plan was to just use Foster at left back when required and use one of the existing players on the right.
Was it always Tanser he was after? [mention=54832]perthsaint1977[/mention]

No it was a Morton left back I had heard about but obviously that hasn't materialised

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

:lol:

State of folk over a haddie that'll get 10 games tops and that's over his entire Saints career. He's cover and if he's  shite he'll just not get a game. Don't worry knicker wetters. Jewels are incoming.

^^^ hasn't read the script. I'll give in a week before Tommy is moaning about not having enough money to sign a winger and a striker. Id rather have given Watson another chance and just made do with what we've got just now in all honesty. 

Just now, Kyle said:

^^^ hasn't read the script. I'll give in a week before Tommy is moaning about not having enough money to sign a winger and a striker. Id rather have given Watson another chance and just made do with what we've got just now in all honesty. 

Do you really think Broon will be paying him a decent wage? C'mon Kyle. There's money there for Mickey O and that's it.

And tbh I'd be happy with that.

Better than nothing I suppose, he'll give us back up at left back on a low wage. That's about all you can say about this deal.

Thought we'd maybe decided against it when Easton was declared fit but there you go.

5 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Yeah it was

Now that's Scougall has signed you can spill the beans! You were always confident he'd sign and less than 24 hours after getting back from holiday he's done the deed. Was this all agreed before he went to Dubai and one of these 'I'll definitely sign for you when I get back from holiday' deals that actually happened?

I can't believe the negativity on here,you lot have written him off before be has even kicked a ball for us.He has been training with us for some time now and TW and CD have obviously seen enough in him to offer a contract...Get a grip 

By all accounts he has done very well in training etc and that's from some of the players who have been up against him. He will be on a lot less than scobbie so not going to impact the budget for the last two jewels......

Was Russell ever a viable option? Surely he'd require compensation or a fee?

Fwiw he only signed a one year deal this Summer, so will be available again next summer, but again, will require compensation