Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The good thing is that McCann is still improving all the time, so the teams that are interested now probably know that this is their window. He might be out of reach by the time the next one comes around.
But if they don't meet our valuation then it's a starting point for January when you are bidding for a better player with (likely) more international experience.
I was watching McCann clap the crowd after the game thinking fuuuuuck he is on the pitch clapping too long, he must be leaving, aw nawwww. I've calmed down a bit this morning [emoji23]. What a player, pure class and undoubtedly will go onto to big things.

2 minutes ago, Saint Stevo said:

I was watching McCann clap the crowd after the game thinking fuuuuuck he is on the pitch clapping too long, he must be leaving, aw nawwww. I've calmed down a bit this morning emoji23.png. What a player, pure class and undoubtedly will go onto to big things.

We quite often get a late evening Daily Record "breaking news" on a Friday...

25 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

We quite often get a late evening Daily Record "breaking news" on a Friday...

When are you due to play one of the bigot brothers? That normally ramps up the chances of your best player "leaving".

Thought he was superb again last night though, I'd be suprised if there weren't a few interested parties after that

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

When are you due to play one of the bigot brothers? That normally ramps up the chances of your best player "leaving".

Thought he was superb again last night though, I'd be suprised if there weren't a few interested parties after that

2nd week of September so we'll miss that one for the transfer window. 

Been collecting my thoughts over the day. I know we still have one last chance at group stage football, but bloody hell. When we got promoted in 2009 I would never have been able to imagine what’s occurred since.

2012 I thought would be a one off return to Europe, aye we lost but f**k me we pushed them.

I’ve full confidence in this side, and when we do inevitably shrink away again well have these memories forever.

35 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Aiden Fitzpatrick anyone?

Nowhere near the standard you guys need. Was pretty disappointing with us last season (other than the odd moment). There is a player in there somewhere, but it showed far too rarely for us.

Saying that, you guys worship Shaun Rooney, and Fitzpatrick was better for us than Rooney ever was.

Nowhere near the standard you guys need. Was pretty disappointing with us last season (other than the odd moment). There is a player in there somewhere, but it showed far too rarely for us.
Saying that, you guys worship Shaun Rooney, and Fitzpatrick was better for us than Rooney ever was.

I noticed he was on loan, Callum seems to have gotten the most out of Rooney who was deemed shite by all by Caley fans so I’d hope he’d be able to sort him out.

Just need these fucking work permit issues sorted for Vertainain now.

Fitzpatrick is a 20yo free agent who was highly rated a few years ago. We need more in attack, and we need depth badly if we're going into the Groups of Europe. 

I've not looked at him in any depth or that to say anything either way, but doesn't seem an awful idea to get him in for a week or two and see if he's worth a punt.