Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 hours ago, Old Pack said:

Wouldn’t think we would sell many more now the games on TV.

3 hours ago, Mr Heliums said:

I now make it 171 164 Ormond, 42 38 Main, 679 North. 914 left then.

Can't see it being a sell out either.  Surely most folk keen to go will have bought a ticket already.  There might be a few that decide last minute that they fancy it, so I hope they keep the online sale open as long as possible.

Even if there's no more sold, it should be around about the Galatasary attendance, which is brilliant.   That's now our record European crowd at McDiarmid, and the biggest attendance for a non-OF Saints game at the ground since the Dundee end of season match in 1999.

Someone going online to buy now has won a watch with that block of about 20 Main Stand tickets, they're about the best view in the ground! Might be where they sometimes put a tv gantry at the back of the yellow seats?

Edited by PauloPerth

3 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

zGHQb4O.gif

I understand Uefa are strict with pyro ect and its the club that gets punished (they seem to care more about these minor infringements than the big ones like racism) but for the club to punish a section of fans on the first place for 1 fans behaviour, after what fans have done for the club over the last 18 months or so is harsh.

Fans have stumped up season ticket money no questions asked without knowing if they'd be allowed into stadiums, also written off £300 or so for last season, and they get thrown under the bus.

Fans in this country are taken for granted by clubs (not having a go at just your club), you'd think they would appreciate us a bit more after what has been going on.

Most clubs would have faced financial ruin if fans didn't put their hands in the pockets to fork out for ghost season tickets and faux praise from the clubs on their shitey twitter accounts doesn't change anything for me.

10 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I understand Uefa are strict with pyro ect and its the club that gets punished (they seem to care more about these minor infringements than the big ones like racism) but for the club to punish a section of fans on the first place for 1 fans behaviour, after what fans have done for the club over the last 18 months or so is harsh.

Fans have stumped up season ticket money no questions asked without knowing if they'd be allowed into stadiums, also written off £300 or so for last season, and they get thrown under the bus.

Tbf the group involved have had issues before that have led to trouble for the club, and hadn't been banned from attending or anything.

Less than 800 tickets available for tomorrow night now. Not sure if the section that was shut off has sold out or if they’ve just been told to go there instead.

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf the group involved have had issues before that have led to trouble for the club, and hadn't been banned from attending or anything.

So here's the challenge. Define "The group?"

The idiot who set off the banger and most of the seat damage was apparently caused by those who were not not part of their group as far as they're concerned anyway (not something we can really prove either way as it's not like they've got a register!).

Banger boy as you could probably guess, supports an Old Firm club. 

I'm not condoning any behaviour like that cause it is just stupid and the club are trying to take action to prevent it again, which also seems sensible.

At what point are you punishing many because of the actions of the few though? for example if drunk Tam runs on the pitch tomorrow would all the people sitting near him also be to blame?

For me the decision itself was probably kneejerk but can see why it was made. The worst part was still how it was handled. Same as the lack of season ticket holder time etc. Could/should be handled better. 

Compromise seems to have been made though!

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

5 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

So here's the challenge. Define "The group?"

The idiot who set off the banger and most of the seat damage was apparently caused by those who were not not part of their group as far as they're concerned anyway (not something we can really prove either way as it's not like they've got a register!).

Banger boy as you could probably guess, supports an Old Firm club. 

I'm not condoning any behaviour like that cause it is just stupid and the club are trying to take action to prevent it again, which also seems sensible.

At what point are you punishing many because of the actions of the few though? for example if drunk Tam runs on the pitch tomorrow would all the people sitting near him also be to blame?

For me the decision itself was probably kneejerk but can see why it was made. The worst part was still how it was handled. Same as the lack of season ticket holder time etc. Could/should be handled better. 

Compromise seems to have been made though!

The FCU weren't banned from the game, fairly sure their section being opened up in the East is why a section became free in the Main.

Unfortunately any "ultra" behaviour in that area will be linked to them due to mistakes they've made in the past.

9800 is not to be sniffed at.
I presume that red zone remains if we make group stage?

The support is there for the club and they need to capitalise on this and make these attendances a regular occurrence again.

41 minutes ago, mizfit said:

This is the most nervous I’ve ever felt for a game of football.

We should not be in this position. But here we go, let’s fucking go.

I was fine until about 2 minutes ago when I looked on Twitter and saw their manager and players talking about how easy it'll be to beat us, now got the nerves as I'm desperate for us to prove them wrong.

Hopefully those comments spread round Perth tomorrow, I want McDiarmid to be a fucking cauldron, especially if they do as they say and go baws oot. Could be a ridiculously fun game if we start Middleton and MOH while they push high up the park.

Don't care how it happens though, lets just beat the fuckers.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I was fine until about 2 minutes ago when I looked on Twitter and saw their manager and players talking about how easy it'll be to beat us, now got the nerves as I'm desperate for us to prove them wrong.

Hopefully those comments spread round Perth tomorrow, I want McDiarmid to be a fucking cauldron, especially if they do as they say and go baws oot. Could be a ridiculously fun game if we start Middleton and MOH while they push high up the park.

Don't care how it happens though, lets just beat the fuckers.

As with most things Saints, it's the hope that kills you. I had mainly written this off as I thought LASK would actually be much harder for us to play compared to Gala, but watching the game last week I just kept thinking that they really weren't anything special and we should've beat them.

They seem to be doing a good job of talking the talk, but sense they're fragile if we get the first

2 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

They seem to be doing a good job of talking the talk, but sense they're fragile if we get the first

Yeah I was more scared of them last week when the manager was treating us with respect and spoke intelligently. This just feels like a nervous manager, whos under pressure, trying to convince his squad hes confident in them with fake bravado.