Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I would write a better statement tbh.

The one individual who let off a firework (or whatever it was) is a fanny and shouldn’t have done it as it was clearly pre-meditated. Didn’t see which section it was done from. I’d rather sections of the ground that create atmosphere weren’t closed for the actions of one individual but that’s just me. I suppose you can get back to moaning about not getting to sit in a specific seat now.

It was down the front of the stand near the TV camera stand thing in front of their section bit. 

3 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I would write a better statement tbh.

The one individual who let off a firework (or whatever it was) is a fanny and shouldn’t have done it as it was clearly pre-meditated. Didn’t see which section it was done from. I’d rather sections of the ground that create atmosphere weren’t closed for the actions of one individual but that’s just me. I suppose you can get back to moaning about not getting to sit in a specific seat now.

I've never once moaned about not getting my season ticket seat for Thursday.

I like the FCU and prefer games when they're there, I also think a group them consistently get themselves and the club into bother.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

2017 - Club and FCU meet after their behaviour outside grounds.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/perth-kinross/401192/st-johnstone-deny-ultra-style-fans-are-banned-from-ground-following-rumours-on-social-media/amp/

Club had warned them about their behaviour but it wasn't listened to so their section was closed down.

It was quite clear that both were the reason they've had their section partially closed.

Perhaps you should be moaning about the folk who consistently let this group down, instead of a club who are having to pay 5 figure fines and also being put under pressure from UEFA with threats of larger fines if they don't prevent it happening again?

They talked at them back then, then the police threatened a few.  Only lately have things slightly improved, I think the club can see their benefit and the FCU see how they benefit the atmosphere and maybe think that Saints need them, they're wrong of course but they need to self police themselves, cut out the stupid shite and all will be good eventually. They put a lot of effort into displays etc, put some into kicking f**k out the firework thrower and banishing the c**t to the bigot brothers. The rest of the wee fannies will toe the line.

Regarding the pyro, from my rather hazy memory, only remember it being one of the thunder bangs or whatever they’re called. See far, far worse in other games in European competitions, although I’m not entirely sure how heavily these are punished, feel UEFA are potentially being a little harsh here. 

Not a lot being made of the Dundee Utd one on Sunday - a bit tit for tat I’m aware, but need to have something to gripe!

Edited by PSJ.84

33 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I suppose you can get back to moaning about not getting to sit in a specific seat now.

Isn't that pretty much what you're complaining about?

Edited by Mr Heliums

15 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Isn't that pretty much what you're complaining about?

No I was complaining about an entire section of the ground being shut because one wee fanny set off a firework. I want the best atmosphere possible on Thursday night, with the maximum number of Saints fans in order to try and win this tie.

I actually think the decision to not allow season ticket holders first dibs on tickets was probably the wrong one as well. There should have at least been advance warning given regarding when tickets were going to be on sale. That was balanced out though by how funny it was seeing the anguish from the oddballs in the support who couldn’t sit in their precious season ticket seat.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

11 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

No I was complaining about an entire section of the ground being shut because one wee fanny set off a firework. I want the best atmosphere possible on Thursday night, with the maximum number of Saints fans in order to try and win this tie.

I actually think the decision to not allow season ticket holders first dibs on tickets was probably the wrong one as well. There should have at least been advance warning given regarding when tickets were going to be on sale. That was balanced out though by how funny it was seeing the anguish from the oddballs in the support who couldn’t sit in their precious season ticket seat.

So you think the decision was wrong, but seeing people inconvenienced has made you happy about it?

What an amazingly sad life to lead

1 minute ago, steviemay17 said:

So you think the decision was wrong, but seeing people inconvenienced has made you happy about it?

What an amazingly sad life to lead

Yeah, throwing a hissy fit because you don’t get to sit in a specific seat in the ground where there’s enough seats for all (until sections of the ground start being closed anyway) is definitely not the sign of a sad life.

4 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Yeah, throwing a hissy fit because you don’t get to sit in a specific seat in the ground where there’s enough seats for all (until sections of the ground start being closed anyway) is definitely not the sign of a sad life.

There's plenty of room for the displaced fans of the FCU too. Given the club have already been fined because of their behaviour, I don't think they really had much of a choice but to close the section in case there's a repeat. They should've communicated why this was happening sooner though.

Think it might be time for me to ignore St Johnstone related social media/P&B threads for a while. The whole support seems to have sand in their vagina about something or other right now and its killing my buzz for Thursday.

Support the club for years and pile money into the club + Moan about not getting into your seat = HAHA WHAT A PATHETIC LITTLE THING YOU ARE, SUPPORT THE CLUB INSTEAD OF MOANING

Appear at games again after being away for years, throw things at the police, try and fight other fans, break seats at McDiarmid and get the club fined by UEFA + Moan about not getting your seat = Disgrace these people are getting treated this way, heartbeat of the club these lads.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

There's plenty of room for the displaced fans of the FCU too. Given the club have already been fined because of their behaviour, I don't think they really had much of a choice but to close the section in case there's a repeat. They should've communicated why this was happening sooner though.

Think it might be time for me to ignore St Johnstone related social media/P&B threads for a while. The whole support seems to have sand in their vagina about something or other right now and its killing my buzz for Thursday.

Agree, time to move on now. For what it's worth, I dont think the club would have done this if it was a domestic game. Clearly spooked by the prospect of a UEFA after the Palestine flag last time.

Zander will have bags of confidence going into this game. It will spur him on hopefully. Rest of the players too will believe there is now the potential of a call up at Saints. I think the SFA sound c40 players out via clubs before squad announcements, so maybe one or two others know they are close. 

12 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Why is it such a problem to sit in the seat that you actually bought? 

Personally I don't care much but some of the folk that we see every other week have a real attachment to where they sit in McDairmid, and I have no doubt whatsoever that a good number will have dads and grandads (and I know of one mum) that they lost in the last year and where they sit and who they sit with, for such a huge game, will have memories. 

Getting sworn at by some selfish child that refuses to move because 'it's just a seat' won't do much to improve that situation.

Personally I'd just sit in the seat that I bought. If someone politely asks to swap with me because that's where they usually sit then tbh I'll do that, seems like the decent thing. It's just a seat to me, but I'm not everyone and I'm not going to judge how much I think other people should care about it.

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Why is it such a problem to sit in the seat that you actually bought? 

Personally I don't care much but some of the folk that we see every other week have a real attachment to where they sit in McDairmid, and I have no doubt whatsoever that a good number will have dads and grandads (and I know of one mum) that they lost in the last year and where they sit and who they sit with, for such a huge game, will have memories. 

Getting sworn at by some selfish child that refuses to move because 'it's just a seat' won't do much to improve that situation.

Personally I'd just sit in the seat that I bought. If someone politely asks to swap with me because that's where they usually sit then tbh I'll do that, seems like the decent thing. It's just a seat to me, but I'm not everyone and I'm not going to judge how much I think other people should care about it.

They can sit in the seat they bought for the games that they bought it for (which doesn’t include Thursday night). As others have said this is getting to be a bit of a boring, circular discussion and there’s a lot more to be positive about than negative in terms of the club at the minute.

Just now, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

They can sit in the seat they bought for the games that they bought it for (which doesn’t include Thursday night). As others have said this is getting to be a bit of a boring, circular discussion and there’s a lot more to be positive about than negative in terms of the club at the minute.

Yes, that's very true, don't mean to drag it out. If someone asks me to move, I'll most likely move. 

Then again I'm in the Ormond so there's nobody with a season ticket seat there. Expect I'm safe. 

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Support the club for years and pile money into the club + Moan about not getting into your seat = HAHA WHAT A PATHETIC LITTLE THING YOU ARE, SUPPORT THE CLUB INSTEAD OF MOANING

Appear at games again after being away for years, throw things at the police, try and fight other fans, break seats at McDiarmid and get the club fined by UEFA + Moan about not getting your seat = Disgrace these people are getting treated this way, heartbeat of the club these lads.

This is kind of where I fall with a lot of this as well. I've seen regulars being described as blanket twitchers and moaning arseholes and whatever else. If it wasn't for the season ticket holders and regulars, the day trippers who attach themselves to the club and generally make an arse of themselves on big occassions wouldn't have those moments if the regulars didn't keep putting their money into the club.

There's room for all at St Johnstone. The biggest game in our history (sic) is on Thursday and we still have around 1,000 tickets available for those who want them. I don't think I've seen our support quite as divided as it seems to be right now, very us vs them, which isn't a particularly great place to be.