Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Tommy is 'stepping up his chase for a striker' and he's saying the more he sees of Habran, the more impressed he is by him. (or so he's saying in tomorrow's courier). Habran and a fast striker (MOH would a good option considering his versatility and pace) and I'll be delighted with our squad. 

Tommy is 'stepping up his chase for a striker' and he's saying the more he sees of Habran, the more impressed he is by him. (or so he's saying in tomorrow's courier). Habran and a fast striker (MOH would a good option considering his versatility and pace) and I'll be delighted with our squad. 

Do you think it'll be Habran plus one? No idea why, probably because FM has his wage so high tbh, but assumed it would maybe just be Habran and that's it

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do you think it'll be Habran plus one? No idea why, probably because FM has his wage so high tbh, but assumed it would maybe just be Habran and that's it

I haven't been able to see the whole interview (it just mentions the striker chase at the very bottom of the the article on the back page, with it continuing on another page) but he seems to be after two from how he's speaking. The post match interview on Saints TV he says he wants two new players to add that extra bit of quality up top.

We've lost Swanson, released Coulson and never replaced Gormley and we've only brought in Scougall, so I suppose that'll be Tommy's argument in favour of signing two. If it's just one we sign, it'll need to be someone who can play through the middle and on the left comfortably IMO.

McDonald is a good player but isn't what Saints are looking for at all. We need a striker that will front defenders up and go at them. The first instinct of all three currently at the club is to put themselves between opponent and ball, we need a different option.

Is everyone getting a Pm on WAP from that Brazilian guy? It was a surreal thing to wake up to.

No danger we sign Mcdonald. A pace less striker who drops off the front is something we already have.

82e2348e8e69da08a098775d4c34c206.jpg

Is it just me that reads almost every Tommy Wright quote as a dig at Steve Brown and an excuse if we don't sign anyone good?

Do you think the "loan he can get" is Habran? Or have I read that wrong?

FM is a game Bawb. A game.[emoji57]

I know, I usually sign Mallan for Saints on it...

Don't think the wages are usually that far off real life though, although it is all dependent on the fan who's edited the team. It's not a huge stretch to believe a French U20 at PSG is earning over £5k a week.

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

"But we'll certainly bring someone in"

6253ad152adcad0716a78041c1f06d51.jpg

Shudder.

Tommy shat the bed and brought him in just prior to a European registration deadline. I don't think he's quite at that stage yet thankfully. :lol:

I'm hoping for Adam Morgan's glorious rebirth. 

82e2348e8e69da08a098775d4c34c206.jpg

Is it just me that reads almost every Tommy Wright quote as a dig at Steve Brown and an excuse if we don't sign anyone good?

My reading of that comment:

"If we end up signing some utter shite, you know who to blame"

That's the dream, Enigma, that's the dream.

23. Rangers burst up the pitch through Tavernier but Habran catches up, dispossesses the defender and calmly moves Saints up.

Cool as you like. Get him signed, St Johnstone.