Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

20 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I take it the two loanees for that position will now be gone what with Rooney,  Brown, Ambrose and Cleary able to play it?

Maybe not lads, maybe the bold Shaun is off...

Don't think we'll see much more of Ambrose, surely?

Brown's not done much wrong other than not moving up the park much. Even as a WB. Is this Cleary one for stepping out like Kerr? Anyone seen him play?

34 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Is this Cleary one for stepping out like Kerr? Anyone seen him play?

Yeah, hes quicker than Kerr too, I'd say, especially when hes fully in flight.

If he gets the ball and theres space ahead of him then hes charging into it. I don't think we'll need to worry about our RCB not getting involved in attacks if Davidson plays him. Thats him in a back four too, so in a five he should be taking even more risks in getting forward.

Maybe has an issue overdoing it with his runs sometimes, and sometimes looks poor on the ball, but think it'll be worth it long term. CBs who are willing to run with the ball into a packed midfield seem rare but valuable.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, hes quicker than Kerr too, I'd say, especially when hes fully in flight.

If he gets the ball and theres space ahead of him then hes charging into it. I don't think we'll need to worry about our RCB not getting involved in attacks if Davidson plays him. Thats him in a back four too, so in a five he should be taking even more risks in getting forward.

Maybe has an issue overdoing it with his runs sometimes, and sometimes looks poor on the ball, but think it'll be worth it long term. CBs who are willing to run with the ball into a packed midfield seem rare but valuable.

Callum Davidson would be raging at the lack of defensive press from those forwards. 

13 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Interesting how Callum says Kane is his main striker. What's his stats Random? Particularly shots versus minutes, then shots on target versus minutes? 

What's folks rough idea for a main strikers stats to be? 4 on target per game seems reasonable to me, below that I'd say they weren't very good.

Forgot you asked this.

Hes at 1.18 shots per90, 0.34 shots on target per 90, and a conversion rate of 14.29%

League average, without OF, is 2 shots per 90, 0.8 on target per 90, and a conversion rate of 13.29%

None of our strikers with over 450 mins are above average for shots, with Middleton only slightly above for shots on target, and Kane/May both slightly above for conversion %

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Forgot you asked this.

Hes at 1.18 shots per90, 0.34 shots on target per 90, and a conversion rate of 14.29%

League average, without OF, is 2 shots per 90, 0.8 on target per 90, and a conversion rate of 13.29%

None of our strikers with over 450 mins are above average for shots, with Middleton only slightly above for shots on target, and Kane/May both slightly above for conversion %

We need an above average striker.

A Sandaza, Scotland, O'Boyle type that can control a ball and ping it in out of nowhere. 

24 minutes ago, Radford said:

When you think of the best strikers we've seen for Saints, how many would thrive in this Davidson system?

His system doesn't suit three out and out strikers though. He needs one striker and two forward thinking midfielder/winger types. It's a shite system, we all know that. A front three of Grant, Maskray and Moore would probably have more success than say O'Boyle, Sandaza and Scotland, it's mad to even say that but that's football.

Those 6 would stroll into the current side and Kane would be back to cleaning boots.

49 minutes ago, Radford said:

When you think of the best strikers we've seen for Saints, how many would thrive in this Davidson system?

None. Throw Paul Wright into the mix as well.  They’d be fucked from doing shuttles across the park closing defenders down all game, fall out with the manager and leave.  

11 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

None. Throw Paul Wright into the mix as well.  They’d be fucked from doing shuttles across the park closing defenders down all game, fall out with the manager and leave.  

"You don't know what you're talking about because you've never played the game"

Callum  Davidson, at the next meet the manager night.

If he's still in the job.

Think an issue we’ve probably got is he’s the most successful manager in our history, just pulled off the greatest achievement in Scottish football history, been hyped up massively for bigger things, so is he likely to doubt his tactics? 

I expect there won’t be self-doubt there for a good while yet.

Happy with the Cleary signing if it goes through.  Not seen him play, but a good background, 5 years at Liverpool finishing in the under21 side but plenty of first team experience at Dundalk as well, 25 years old and hopefully keen to progress. 

Would leave us with a lot of right centre back options; Dendoncker, Muller, Ambrose, Brown, Cleary, (Rooney). 

Muller and Ambrose away in January?

Happy with the Cleary signing if it goes through.  Not seen him play, but a good background, 5 years at Liverpool finishing in the under21 side but plenty of first team experience at Dundalk as well, 25 years old and hopefully keen to progress. 

Would leave us with a lot of right centre back options; Dendoncker, Muller, Ambrose, Brown, Cleary, (Rooney). 

Muller and Ambrose away in January?
Think you're probably right about Muller and Ambrose.

What's the limit on loan signings? Reading a few articles saying Jamie Walker would be a loan (aye another one!). I think he'd be a decent pickup but if we're keen, get him signed permanently. Few Hearts fans I know rate him.

I wonder if MacPherson will be around with us til end of season, now he is out for a bit. Maybe wishful thinking that he will be off eh......

Think you're probably right about Muller and Ambrose.

What's the limit on loan signings? Reading a few articles saying Jamie Walker would be a loan (aye another one!). I think he'd be a decent pickup but if we're keen, get him signed permanently. Few Hearts fans I know rate him.

I wonder if MacPherson will be around with us til end of season, now he is out for a bit. Maybe wishful thinking that he will be off eh......

I think Walker might be a PCA and a loan until June to get him off Hearts wages and because we’re desperate for creativity.

Macpherson can just fucking go.

296453463_maxresdefault(1).thumb.jpg.87b7ed0f808ff94217e6cd258607a59c.jpg

Looking at people talking about MacPherson leaving and simply laughing because is more than obvious he'll be getting handed a permanent deal.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

If we binned Muller, Ambrose, Macpherson and Crawford and brought in Cleary and Walker absolutely fucking nobody that would be some pretty good business. Mainly because it means the two midfielders would never have to be involved again.

^