Glenn Middleton - 2022 - on loan from Rangers 

Attackers

Stevie May - 2023

Chris Kane - 2023

Callum Hendry - 2022

Taylor Steven - 2022

Eetu Vertainen - 2023

Nadir Ciftci - 2022

Fucking depressing really.  Like reading the menu in Wetherspoons. 

I have no issue with any of our signings as part of squad building, I think all are capable of contributing something on their day as part of a functioning team, though I accept there is a lot of negativity towards Cammy and Crawford.

The issue is, Hallberg is more of the same, a decent average player. We probably only need 2-3 quality players to give us a massive improvement, and lift everyone around them. I would say Cifti is one signing that looked like he could provide that, but who knows how long he's going to be out for now? A high quality centre mid and wide player/ striker and I think the whole club and support would get a huge boost and we could easily get a bit of momentum going.

I've not given up hope, but it's still hard to see where the creativity and goals will come from currently. Anyway, a draw or win this weekend and it's 2 unbeaten and could be the roots sprouting of a gradual improvement ....

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Rennie is only contracted to Falkirk until the end of the season, and the signs are he will move back to America to be with his family in the summer.

A good chance of grooming Craig to take over in the summer. St Johnstone I think would be too big a jump for him as his first managerial role. Would be a big gamble for us too obviously given the utter nick we are in and our recent track record of managerial appointments but I think if he came in and coached until the end of the season and did well there's a fair chance of him getting it.

Falkirk are a basket case. I don’t know all the details as to why. Anybody going there isn’t thinking straight. Never ends well recently. What has happened?

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I have no issue with any of our signings as part of squad building, I think all are capable of contributing something on their day as part of a functioning team, though I accept there is a lot of negativity towards Cammy and Crawford.

The issue is, Hallberg is more of the same, a decent average player. We probably only need 2-3 quality players to give us a massive improvement, and lift everyone around them. I would say Cifti is one signing that looked like he could provide that, but who knows how long he's going to be out for now? A high quality centre mid and wide player/ striker and I think the whole club and support would get a huge boost and we could easily get a bit of momentum going.

I've not given up hope, but it's still hard to see where the creativity and goals will come from currently. Anyway, a draw or win this weekend and it's 2 unbeaten and could be the roots sprouting of a gradual improvement ....

Pretty much what I meant when I said the squad list was depressing.  If we could have just signed two creative types......

11 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

The issue is, Hallberg is more of the same, a decent average player. 

I don't know what type of player he is as even the Hibs fans aren't particularly clear on it but all we REALLY need him to do is be able to run. Winning a few tackles and not endlessly giving the ball away would be an added bonus. 

The signings aren't going to be super high quality now, unless you simply strike very lucky. 

We tried at the start of the window with some bids but, for whatever reason, nothing really came off. 

Hopefully we can still find something and don't just end up with kids from Nottingham Forest or somewhere. 

11 minutes ago, Radford said:

I don't know what type of player he is as even the Hibs fans aren't particularly clear on it but all we REALLY need him to do is be able to run. Winning a few tackles and not endlessly giving the ball away would be an added bonus. 

The signings aren't going to be super high quality now, unless you simply strike very lucky. 

We tried at the start of the window with some bids but, for whatever reason, nothing really came off. 

Hopefully we can still find something and don't just end up with kids from Nottingham Forest or somewhere. 

Yes a bit of bite and mobility would be a good start.

So many centre midfielders though.  Even if the manager wanted to go 4 at the back I’m not sure we’re equipped to.  Who would play wide midfield with Middleton being so badly out of form, and MOH injured?!

4-3-3 maybe but we hardly have the quality in attack to justify starting 3 of them.

So 5-3-2 it will remain, with 2 wing backs not that suited to getting forward, especially in the case of Brown who must be the most limited player on the ball in our entire first team squad.

Callum built this team, he gave out extensions to several players and has brought in 7-8 of his own choices. For him to come out with the players can only play a certain way is totally all on him. It feels like we've given a fan the job and a fairly decent budget as well.

Did I miss the competition?

40 minutes ago, Radford said:

Aye have commented on him before so won't bore you all to tears but depending on which Hibs fan you ask he's either:

a - a decent all round midfielder who never found a niche in our midfield, he's had Docherty, Omeonga, Slivka, Newall, Magennis and Irvine ahead of him most of the time. Slightly worryingly he's also been stuck behind guys who are rotten/in rotten form

b -  not good at anything and not good enough

I tend towards A but who knows, he can certainly run I think

Our attacking threat is reliant on creative wingbacks, Khalil Khalil doesnt seem too far of a stretch with that resume.
I love the videos that look like they've been shot in the equivalent of a soccerworld.

8 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

In 3 matches with Rangers this season, Ross County have scored 7 goals.

We have scored 11 goals in 22 matches all season against everyone.

Mind you, we could do with an Alan McGregor floundering seal performance against us as well to give us some hope.

Defenders who defend. Two defensively sound CMs as a base. Energy in front of them, two direct wingers with pace.

County being so good this season is living proof of the "football is a simple game, complicated by idiots" mantra, while we clown about trying to figure out ways to involve our centre backs in attacks and our strikers in defence.