Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

48 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

The irony of some Saints fans complaining about negativity, when there's actually nothing more negative than settling for our current situation.

This is it. Fans accepting the absolute clusterfuck is only going to make it more difficult for us to get out of the rut. 

Also not convinced the club are trying particularly hard. The signings we’ve made are about as lazy as they come. Old stagers released by Scottish clubs or who have previous connections to Scotland, or indeed agents in Scotland, and a loanee from millwall. :lol: 

Phillips hasn’t looked great the last two games, hopefully he’ll improve with games, but that’s at least someone we can develop and potentially sell on. Paying a fee for a 31 year old striker who hasnt been particularly prolific 2 days before the deadline stinks of panic signing to me. Speaking to Flaherty, I was given the impression there was something potentially more exciting in the pipeline (not through anything he actually said, just details of what he’s been up to). Hopefully there is and this is one of two signings we’re going to make up front.

C'mon, are folk honestly believing we'd spend £300k of a 31 year old striker?? There is much wrong at Saints, but they are not insane.

if we've paid, say £50k, for a striker who was top scorer at the team that finished 4th last season, then it doesn't sound too bad does it?

I strongly dislike his dad, but I can see the logic in signing Clark. We know he can score in this league, he gives us something different from the fit scoring options we have and all in with wages etc, it's not likely to be a hugely expensive signing.

There is something of a Macca signing in this for me, similar scoring record, age and style of play.

Ultimately, if he comes in and does the job, we'd all be delighted.

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

There was a hint earlier in the posts about potentially being another centre forward. 

I'd expect on loan. Millwall got any loanees available? 🫤

Loan yes, but not Millwall.

Matthews 

McGowan Mitchell Considine 

Wright Hallberg Phillips Montgomery 

Carey Clark Murphy 

I’d take a stab that’ll be our preferred 11 for the next wee while, after Gordon’s brain fart ridden performance against Hearts? I’d guess Spoony and Kane will figure in there when they’re fit again. 

Staggering the turnover of players in the team, longest serving player in that 12 is Hallberg who we signed in the last week of the January window this year. 

We are absolutely crying out for some pace, the current squad must be the slowest I can ever remember is having. Wright is the quickest in that 11 and MOH and maybe Bair are the only others who have pace in the entire squad. 

3 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

The irony of some Saints fans complaining about negativity, when there's actually nothing more negative than settling for our current situation.

I liked this, then unliked it just so I could like it again.

I saw Eric Nicolson in a thread with someone today where he said he'd never criticise a player (Considine) for setting their sights high.

Yet when we do it (and we aren't even, it's just we want more than 6 wins in 32 games and turgid, repetitive football) we are negative...

7 minutes ago, mizfit said:

He’s one id take a stab at, but nope. Boy I heard was Sam Cosgrove on loan.

Cosgrove would be an excellent signing and would surely mean a change to a 3-5-2, I can’t see us signing two expensive strikers and sticking to a shape which only really allows for one. We’d then have Spoony, Murphy, Carey, Crawford and Kucheriavyi competing for 1 place in the team.

I can’t believe Cosgrove is still only 25. Feel like he’s been around (and scoring against us) forever.  

21 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Cosgrove would be an excellent signing and would surely mean a change to a 3-5-2, I can’t see us signing two expensive strikers and sticking to a shape which only really allows for one. We’d then have Spoony, Murphy, Carey, Crawford and Kucheriavyi competing for 1 place in the team.

I can’t believe Cosgrove is still only 25. Feel like he’s been around (and scoring against us) forever.  

If we’re going after 2 signings up front, it suggests to me that Kanes going to be out for even longer than January. 

still expecting a midfielder too.

Edited by mizfit

46 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Seen a couple of people on twitter suggesting we’re in for Louis Moult. Assuming that’s just because we’re looking for a striker and he’s available on loan

If that were to happen there would be a lot of foaming with rage little Well' boys 😂😂

Changed their name to "AnnounceMoult" 😬😂😂