Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Well, looks like Davidson wants a winger. Apparently we've rejected a bid for Luke McCowan from you guys.

I'm starting to think he's got some weird fetish for wingers/attacking midfielder types (as he doesn't play wingers & plays them narrow and cutting in)

Murphy, Carey, Max, Spoony, Crawford, O'Halloran. 

I presume though the hope is Max & O'Halloran out on loan - as can't see anyone taking him perm right now until his deal runs out. 

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Dylan McGeouch to arrive.  That's my prediction.  

I expected us to sign him at the start of the window as it’s someone the club were interested in in January. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Well, looks like Davidson wants a winger. Apparently we've rejected a bid for Luke McCowan from you guys.

Think this was a few weeks ago, but aye you have to assume it’s still on his agenda. 

I personally think we need a holding midfielder and another striker. Still think we’re woefully short of pace too but that’s a lot of issues to try and rectify at this stage of the window. 

There has to be some outgoings. Surely. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

I expected us to sign him at the start of the window as it’s someone the club were interested in in January. 

Think this was a few weeks ago, but aye you have to assume it’s still on his agenda. 

I personally think we need a holding midfielder and another striker. Still think we’re woefully short of pace too but that’s a lot of issues to try and rectify at this stage of the window. 

There has to be some outgoings. Surely. 

The Mail on Sunday laughably linked us swapping Jordan McGhee & Shaun Byrne for Stevie May the other day.

That'd be the worst bit of business for us that I could possibly imagine.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

The Mail on Sunday laughably linked us swapping Jordan McGhee & Shaun Byrne for Stevie May the other day.

That'd be the worst bit of business for us that I could possibly imagine.

Yeah I’ve been lurking on the Dundee forum and reading about that over the last few days :lol: 

That would be a great deal for us. Byrne isn’t a world beater but miles better than what we have in there and McGhee would offer us so much versatility. 

I think May would still have something to offer in behind a proper goalscorer. He’s a clever player, good movement and a decent finisher, it’s just getting him the chances that’s the issue now. He’s not got the legs to stretch a defence any more though, and he’s lost the swagger that used to define him. There’s definitely still some purple patches in him though. 

Shaun Byrne would be a good signing for us right now. His style suits the way Davidson wants to play as one of the two sitting central midfielders.

Would free up Hallberg, Carey etc to play in their more natural attacking positions.

Not the most inspired of signings but definitely one that would make sense and improve us, especially this late on in the window.

3 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Very surprised no one has mentioned Louis Moult yet. Available, knows the league, was last good about a half decade ago, legs made of chocolate, wrong side of 30. Be surprised if Davidson hadn’t at least enquired.

Hearts and Hibs seemingly interested in him.