Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

1 team left from the first round. Everyone’s thoughts? 

for me it’s a definite improvement from last season. Awful 2 home games v Hibs and Aberdeen but we’re showing signs of improvement. 

today was a kick in the stones, but to actually go for it rather than sit back and take the loss shows lessons have been learnt. 

That's how I feel about it. Felt like we were to blame for our own downfall at points today but also lucky at points to not be a few more behind in the first half but that's a requirement to take anything from the Old Firm. 

Frustrated with Wright as he went down. Could he have stepped in potentially? We'll never know and don't want to be cynical of his issue he had. We also did well at points in the second half which is worth being very positive about!

The biggest question, no matter how you feel about today is... How do we carry the positives going forward? That's really all that matters. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

3 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

That's how I feel about it. Felt like we were to blame for our own downfall at points today but also lucky at points to not be a few more behind in the first half but that's a requirement to take anything from the Old Firm. 

Frustrated with Wright as he went down. Could he have stepped in potentially? We'll never know and don't want to be cynical of his issue he had. We also did well at points in the second half which is worth being very positive about!

The biggest question, no matter how you feel about today is... How do we carry the positives going forward? That's really all that matters. 

I won’t worry about how we bring it forward. Players will be frustrated and have 2 away games. I’d like to think they’ll be desperate to build on that second half performance. 

@RandomGuy. probably has stats or @Radford but I feel like that’s the most shots on target v Celtic we’ve had since the covid season.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

I feel fair play to Davidson for starting Kucheriavyi today after his good 10 minutes at Kilmarnock.

Would have been easy to make the ‘safe’ choice for such a big game. Rewarded with a positive showing from Max, confirming it was the right decision.

Stated the reply to the previous one significantly before seeing this one. 

I've got a question about Max. He played well. Competed very well physically, timed a few challenges very well. Midweek he did quite well in possession as well but for me it was mostly tidy simple passing.  Can't remember him creating much at all in any of his appearances. 

As an attacking midfielder/winger type player we need more as an attacking threat from him if he's going to feature regularly. For example today, he had a snap shot from the edge of the box. Miles over the bar. He won the ball out wide... Then crossed it straight into the Ormond stand. More is required.

I'm SURELY not the only one thinking that?

I think you’re being incredibly harsh on a young kid who played 10 minutes as a sub and then against a Celtic team who dominated the ball. The games to judge are against teams of our own standard where he gets minutes to show positivity going forward. Yes he overhit a cross, but that’s the chance you take with giving youngsters a chance. 

35 minutes ago, mizfit said:

@RandomGuy. probably has stats or @Radford but I feel like that’s the most shots on target v Celtic we’ve had since the covid season.

Today according to Fotmob - 3

Last season according to WyScout - 2, 0, 1, 0

20/21 according to WyScout - 1, 2, 1, 0

33 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Stated the reply to the previous one significantly before seeing this one. 

I've got a question about Max. He played well. Competed very well physically, timed a few challenges very well. Midweek he did quite well in possession as well but for me it was mostly tidy simple passing.  Can't remember him creating much at all in any of his appearances. 

As an attacking midfielder/winger type player I need more from as an attacking threat from him if he's going to feature regularly. For example today, he had a snap shot from the edge of the box. Miles over the bar. He won the ball out wide... Then crossed it straight into the Ormond stand. More is required.

I'm SURELY not the only one thinking that?

He done well if you're looking at him as a younger player just starting their top flight career.

He struggled if you're looking at him as the "baller" midfielder in that line up, expected to take control of the ball for us and help us keep it, which was his role in that line up for me.

I see both sides but think the first means you soften your view on the second, type thing. I'd still have him ahead of Crawford in the pecking order, but not done enough to displace Carey or Wotherspoon. 

I've still no idea how we line up when everyone is fit, but I guess thats a good problem in a way.

The one good thing about Max is that he’s an absolute battler, same as Spoony. Yes they’re creative and have flair, but even if it’s not going for you then you don’t feel like you’re a man short as they’ll always try. The likes of Crawford are an empty jersey when things don’t go well, we’ve seen plenty like that in the past too where there’s no effort off the ball if the team are having a bad day. 

What a difference a week makes! Last Saturday night I allowed myself to look up thinking we could well start pushing towards top six and give ourselves a decent gap above the relegation battle.

And here we are having lost both games with killie, Ross County and even United getting wins and, more significantly, kickstarting their seasons’.

It doesn’t look like there will be a stand out whipping boy, as Dundee and us were last season; you genuinely could be looking at anyone outside the top two. Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen would seem really unlikely but you never know when the league is close.

The only poor team I’ve seen has been Dundee United, but always felt their quality of player meant they’d pick up at some point.

Our next match against Livi is now looking quite important to at least avoid defeat in.

2 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Not too bothered about damage, Celtic will pay it, more worried about the 4 young lassies  in the kiosk that felt threatened by grown men, 🤬

For me, those c***s get away with too much by being in such a large group. Punish the c***s. Ban them for the February match and make it clear it’s due to behaviours. 

For me, those c***s get away with too much by being in such a large group. Punish the c***s. Ban them for the February match and make it clear it’s due to behaviours. 

Saints don’t have the guts to do such a thing. Would love to see allocations slashed or outright bans for all away fans as punishment for vile behaviour.

What employer would leave 4 x 14 year olds to work in  that type of environment?

Just saying like!

Not saying what went on was by anyway acceptable but if I left 4 X 14 year olds in my line of business I would be up for H&S charge straight away???

1 hour ago, Center half said:

What employer would leave 4 x 14 year olds to work in  that type of environment?

Just saying like!

Not saying what went on was by anyway acceptable but if I left 4 X 14 year olds in my line of business I would be up for H&S charge straight away???

Are 14 year olds legally allowed to be working? 🫤 Seems a wee bit child labour to me 🙃😂