Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Callum loves fitba Callum loves fitba. 

He should already have had his this evening but we’re stuck with him. He’s completely clueless, he exhibits it every week, and yet he’s still here. 

Just now, Kyle said:

Callum loves fitba Callum loves fitba. 

He should already have had his this evening but we’re stuck with him. He’s completely clueless, he exhibits it every week, and yet he’s still here. 

Not a single defensive voice against him tonight. Even the most staunch Callum supporters I know are stating about chucking a new manager in against the old firm and if it’s fair. 

I hope, for his own sake, that the penny drops for Callum Davidson at one point in his career that being unpredictable isn’t restricted to player selection. Teams will spend all week planning to play against our 5-3-2(or some variation of it) and each week we oblige. We clearly had a spell following Nicky Clark’s arrival in which we probably surprised a few teams in how we set up, but once again it’s pretty easy to plan against. Like mizfit says, it’s no surprise we looked at our best when we changed things up. This turgid kick and rush football is painful to watch. Like I say, I hope the penny drops for Callum. He’ll forever be etched into St. Johnstone folklore and rightly so, but time has to be up. 

It was particularly galling to watch Macca, who’s not blameless in this, try and do anything on the touch line while the manager sat on his arse for most of the first 45.

Edited by PSJ.84

6 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

I hope, for his own sake, that the penny drops for Callum Davidson at one point in his career that being unpredictable isn’t restricted to player selection. Teams will spend all week planning to play against our 5-3-2(or some variation of it) and each week we oblige. We clearly had a spell following Nicky Clark’s arrival in which we probably surprised a few teams in how we set up, but once again it’s pretty easy to plan against. Like mizfit says, it’s no surprise we looked at our best when we changed things up. This turgid kick and rush football is painful to watch. Like I say, I hope the penny drops for Callum. He’ll forever be etched into St. Johnstone folklore and rightly so, but time has to be up. 

It was particularly galling to watch Macca, who’s not blameless in this, try and do anything on the touch line while the manager sat on his arse for most of the first 45.

Sitting doing f**k all from Davidson wound me up no end. It’s all fine sitting back and thinking how to change it but we all saw after the 10th minute changes needed to be made. 

Hes gone. 

15 minutes ago, Welly boy said:

Hopefully he quits.

John Mahon knew things weren't working out at Saints and just gave up his contract. Will Callum, a man who is meant to have Saints at heart after starting and finishing his career here, do the right thing for St Johnstone and give up his contract?

Have my doubts.

Edited by tree house tam
Bad England

I don't think todays result will be enough to see him out. Presuming we are beaten by Rangers in the next two games, a defeat away to Motherwell might just do it. Maybe a couple of really heavy defeats by Rangers might be enough. I just don't think today will do it. The fact we managed to pull two goals back will have saved him.

5 minutes ago, monkfish said:

My only reservation with him going is what sort of replacement the current comedians in charge of the club will come up with.

You could easily see things spiral from here.

The binman will be looking up Yogi's mobile as we speak.

5 minutes ago, monkfish said:

My only reservation with him going is what sort of replacement the current comedians in charge of the club will come up with.

You could easily see things spiral from here.

They'd probably get rid of him and let Maclean and Cleland take over till the end of the season. We would soon be shouting for Callum to come back...

If anyone want a laugh have a read of Davidson’s comments after the match. The man’s utterly deluded and totally unwilling to ever admit fault to himself. Once again throwing the players under the bus. 

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

If anyone want a laugh have a read of Davidson’s comments after the match. The man’s utterly deluded and totally unwilling to ever admit fault to himself. Once again throwing the players under the bus. 

All his players and his stupid formation as well.

He was a goner at half time i am Sure! The "Board " had an extended half time Pow wow and appeared about 5 mins into the second half! Also too many of the "Happy Clappers" up and left early doors, A couple of guys left at the 3rd and did shout at the board as they left , But nothing like a mass disapproval against the manager or the board that i saw!  However he cant be excused by a two goal comeback i would not think!

I think Davidson will be in place until new owners are here. Unless there is zero interest in the club. I'd assume the board will want to a) keep as much cash as possible - so no compo payouts and b) allow any new owners to make a call they are unwilling to make.

It's not the league position as such that makes me thing we need a change, it is that he and his coaching team seem unable to see the obvious.

If the board got rid of him now, it would be seen by journalist friends as deflecting from the other off field issues.